I’ve Been Through The Door August 9, 2011Posted by Wilhelm Arcturus in entertainment, Lord of the Rings Online.
Tags: Dusky Nimblefoot, Moria
I ran down almost every quest I could in Eregion, holding off the moment foretold by my reaching Durin’s door.
But the door has been opened.
I have been into Moria at last.
- It is big. It makes Thorin’s Hall seem small.
- It is three dimensional. This is not at all like your typical overland zone
- It is dark. I know why I do not see very many screen shots of the place. In a number of locations I have found already, it is tough to see where I am.
- It is really big. I am glad I have that pre-order goat, though I wish the light was a bit brighter.
- It is detached. You can’t grab a ride directly there from the outside world. You have to ride to the door unless you have an instant travel skill anchored on a milestone or campfire inside.
I have made it as far as the second dwarf encampment so far and I have hardly seen anything. I’ve been lost a couple of times already, and three dimensions has a big impact on getting from point A to point B. So it looks good so far.
Much adventure lies ahead.