Speaking of “Pants on Head” Bizarre, Vanguard is Getting New Content November 18, 2011Posted by Wilhelm Arcturus in entertainment, Sony Online Entertainment, Vanguard SOH.
The post on the Vanguard forums lists out:
- Overland Raid bosses
- New Dungeon – City of Brass: Massive progressive dungeon with thirteen bosses and new rewards for players that can survive long enough to obtain them
- Removal of Corpse recovery
- This will aid in making the leveling process more enjoyable as well as remove the frustration that can be encountered from suffering a death penalty
- Experience curve decreased – Experience has been modified to make leveling a new character a bit easier
- Increase in loot drop rates
- “Golden Path” – Riftways instructing players to ideal leveling areas with new rewards for all levels
So Vanguard has gone from “no devs, no fixes” to “okay, we’ll patch some broken stuff” to “okay, let’s get some new content together for you!” in the last year. Amazing.
And the City of Brass… one of my favorite Forgotten Realms locations in TorilMUD… I wonder what it will look like in Vanguard?
Plus the experience curve tweak sounds like they might have plans… maybe free to play plans… for the game after all. So count me wrong on that.
Is it too late to start this week over?