Summer Reruns – TorilMUD June 28, 2012Posted by Wilhelm Arcturus in entertainment, MUDs, TorilMUD.
Tags: Summer Reruns
Life has conspired to make this a quiet week for blogging. I’ll get to why that is later in the week.
In the mean time, rather than just let days go by with nothing, I am going to fall back on the grand television tradition of summer reruns. I am going to go back to a classic theme, TorilMUD, and call out some of my favorite posts.
Of course, the real problem is that I like all of my TorilMUD posts. They are filled with nostalgia leavened with just the right amount MMO history. Still, I think I can narrow it down to ten… links. One points to five posts. So sue me.
- On Greater Challenges – How TorilMUD had a “hard mode.” Why can’t we have this in modern MMOs?
- Echoes of a Crashing MUD – How we ended up sitting for hours camping rare mobs. It was all a misunderstanding.
- The Way Questing Used to Be – There were no yellow exclamation marks in my day.
- Leuthilspar Tales – A few posts about the starter zones exclusive to grey elves. I should write more in this series.
- drag pcorpse enter moonwell – Trying to remember command syntax after getting Gaff killed.
- Of Rooms and Rooms and Rooms – 19,584 rooms, each of which I visited and mapped. And that was only about a third of the total rooms at the time!
- The Salesman of Waterdeep – Why don’t we have NPCs like this any more?
- How Information Access has Changed – Sharing quest information used to be a sin!
- 15 Years of TorilMUD – Memories of my favorite MUD, which I started playing in 1993