Omens of War Complete on Fippy Darkpaw September 20, 2012Posted by Wilhelm Arcturus in entertainment, EverQuest.
Tags: Fippy Darkpaw, Nostalgia, Progression Server
I try to keep up with what is going on with the Fippy Darkpaw Time Locked Progression server. I am trying to record major events just to keep some sort of record. This is made difficult by the fact that I am not currently subscribed to EverQuest. So I try to keep track by following the forums. It is actually lucky for me that there have been issues with almost every expansion opening up, since that means that people post about it in the forums.
But I tend to miss other things, since the official SOE Progression Server Timeline has been broken since mid-March of this year. That was my past source of information on things such as content completion.
Once in a while I catch a break though. For example, over at the Fippy Darkpaw web site, an alternative forum dedicated to the server, they were good enough to announce that the Omens of War content gating the next unlock had been completed.
Wedneday, September 12 marked the defeat of Overlord Mata Muram, starting the clockdown timer for the Dragons of Norrath vote. Grats go to Citizen on this unlock, their first since server launch last February. Nicely done!
Now, if my math is correct, we’re due to see the DoN vote go live Sunday, November 11th. The vote needs to be up for seven days before it’s tallied, and will be tallied the following Monday, meaning the earliest unlock for DoN will happen early Monday morning, November 19th.
In the meantime, enjoy Omens of War!
So there it is, the Omens of War expansion was done in less than two days. The expansion was supposed to unlock early on September 10th, but there was an issue which delayed it until later in the day. I guess the content wasn’t as hard this time around.
As noted in the quote, the next expansion, Dragons of Norrath, looks to be on track for a mid-November unlock, should the voting go favorably.
And that leaves my list of Fippy Darkpaw server events as follows:
- Fippy Darkpaw server goes live with classic EQ content, February 15, 2011
- Classic EverQuest competed, February 24, 2011
- Ruins of Kunark unlocked, June 6, 2011
- Ruins of Kunark completed, June 19, 2011
- Scars of Velious unlocked, August 29, 2011
- Scars of Velious completed, September 14, 2011
- Shadows of Luclin unlocked, November 21, 2011
- Shadows of Luclin completed, December 4, 2011
- Planes of Power unlocked, February 13, 2012
- Lost Dungeons of Norrath unlocked, March 12, 2012
- Legacy of Ykesah unlocked, March 12, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlock vote fails, May 7, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlock vote fails, May 21, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlock vote fails, June 4, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlocked at last, June 18, 2012
- Omens of War unlocked, September 10, 2012
- Omens of War content complete, September 12, 2012
So my next post about Fippy Darkpaw, barring any other server disasters, is a couple months out.