Fippy Darkpaw – The Buried Sea Completed October 10, 2013Posted by Wilhelm Arcturus in entertainment, EverQuest.
Tags: Fippy Darkpaw, Progression Server, Secrets of Faydwer, The Buried Sea
Another chapter in my desultory attempt to track the progress of the Fippy Darkpaw time locked progression server. See the list of updates at the bottom of the post.
The EverQuest expansion The Buried Sea, SOE’s attempt at a pirate themed adventure, was unlocked on the Fippy Darkpaw server this week.
And, as has become the standard fare, the content was defeated in less than three days. From the good people at the Fippy Darkpaw forums:
Congrats to Citizen on beating The Buried Sea less than 72 hours from the opening of the expansion. That makes 6 in a row for you.
If my unlock calculations are correct, that means Secrets will go up for vote on December 9th and the expansion should unlock, assuming it passes, on December 23rd.
The next expansion, potentially unlocking just before Christmas, is Secrets of Faydwer, the last of the EverQuest expansions to be on/suffer from the “two a year” expansion cycle. Secrets of Faydwer was the 14th EverQuest expansion and launched in November 2007.
We are now getting into expansions I was writing about regularly, if not always seriously, and also into the territory where SOE gave up on the roll-up packs of expansions I mentioned the other day and just started throwing all expansion in the box.
- Fippy Darkpaw server goes live with classic EQ content, February 15, 2011
- Classic EverQuest competed, February 24, 2011
- Ruins of Kunark unlocked, June 6, 2011
- Ruins of Kunark completed, June 19, 2011
- Scars of Velious unlocked, August 29, 2011
- Scars of Velious completed, September 14, 2011
- Shadows of Luclin unlocked, November 21, 2011
- Shadows of Luclin completed, December 4, 2011
- Planes of Power unlocked, February 13, 2012
- Lost Dungeons of Norrath unlocked, March 12, 2012
- Legacy of Ykesah unlocked, March 12, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlock vote fails, May 7, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlock vote fails, May 21, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlock vote fails, June 4, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlocked at last, June 18, 2012
- Omens of War unlocked, September 10, 2012
- Omens of War complete, September 12, 2012
- Dragons of Norrath unlocked without a vote, November 13, 2012
- Prophecy of Ro completed, April 26, 2013
- The Serpent’s Spine unlocked, July 16, 2013
- The Serpent’s Spine complete, July 19, 2013
- The Buried Sea unlock vote goes up, September 23, 2013
- The Buried Sea unlocked, October 7, 2013
- The Buried Sea completed, October 9, 2013
Once Secrets of Faydwer is unlocked… and completed in the usual rapid fashion… that will only leave three more expansions on the board from the launch of the server. The multi-year march through the EverQuest content is nearing an end.
There have been three more expansions since House of Thule, and since the Fippy Darkpaw server launched, including Call of the Forsaken, which went live earlier this week.
Hardware Updates – Headphones, Video Cards, and Connectivity October 10, 2013Posted by Wilhelm Arcturus in entertainment, Hardware.
Tags: 8800GT, AT&T, Comcast, GTX 650 Ti Boost, Internet Connectivity, LagBuster, LagBuster Does Nothing, U-verse, Xfinity
A while back I wrote a post looking for recommendations for several real world things.
I haven’t gone with a new video editing package as yet, but I haven’t had the yen to do much in the way of new videos recently in any case.
I did, however, make headway with the other items on the list. So it is review time I suppose.
This is a long block of text and not very gaming related, so I am going to put it behind a cut.
If you are not interested in a discussion of my experiences with headsets, video cards, and internet connectivity options, you are excused from going further.