Fippy Darkpaw – Seeds of Destruction Complete May 13, 2014Posted by Wilhelm Arcturus in entertainment, EverQuest.
Tags: Fippy Darkpaw, Progression Server, Seeds of Destruction, Underfoot
A quick return to my somewhat irregular coverage of the EverQuest Fippy Darkpaw Time Locked Progression server timeline. An actual timeline is available at the bottom of this post.
When last I saw news of the server, back in October of 2013, The The Buried Sea expansion had been completed and things were set for the Secrets of Faydwer expansion to unlock at some point in late December.
Today a note went up over at the unofficial Fippy Darkpaw forums indicating that the Seeds of Destruction expansion had been unlocked and completed.
Congrats to Citizen on defeating Seeds of Destruction and unlocking Underfoot. A clean sweep on Fippy since OOW. Congrats to EoE on a close 2nd. It looked like you guys had the momentum there for a couple weeks.
So things are still moving along on Fippy Darkpaw.
The Seeds of Destruction expansion looks to have gone live on Fippy Darkpaw on the first of this month. The expansion, which was originally added to the game back in October of 2008, bumped the level cap up to 85, added more zones and the usual additions such as AA points, spells, abilities, and gear sets.
With the completion of Seeds of Destruction, the 3 month timer starts for the 16th expansion on the EverQuest list, Underfoot.
Who ever heard of an EverQuest expansion with a one word title? All of the good ones have three words, or four if you include the definite article “the” in the name. Anyway, that is slated for August. Then the EverQuest achievement system will be part of the Progression Servers.
Meanwhile, the Time Locked Progression Servers were mentioned in the patch notes late last month, with two fixes going in:
- Corrected a problem that was preventing some Progression event triggers from being recorded.
- Auto-Granted AA are now available on Time-Locked Progression Servers. These AA will be granted similarly to regular servers with one exception. The following expansions will not count towards the “4 expansions previous” requirement, and will not unlock any new AA as they did not have any new AA released with them:
- – Legacy of Ykesha
- – Lost Dungeons of Norrath
- – Dragons of Norrath
- – Prophecy of Ro
- – The Buried Sea
The auto-granted AAs should be a boon to anybody joining the server at this late date.
In other notes, SOE finally opted to remove their Progression Server Timeline widget from the EverQuest web site.
The widget has only been broken since EverQuest went free to play about two year back, but was still hanging around as a useless adjunct to the EverQuest page as late as last October. About par for the course for the SOE web team, which I assume operates under some larger, Sony-wide policies about web site updates as opposed to being actually run and influenced directly by the EverQuest team. I’ve lived that scenario before. It is frustrating for all involved.
I do wonder if the expansions originally listed on the widget back in February 2011 still indicate the final destination for the Time Locked Progression Servers.
That list ends at House of Thule, the 17th expansion, and the one that was current back when Fippy Darkpaw launched. Will the server stop there or continue on to Call of the Forsaken, or whatever expansion is current when Fippy Darkpaw finally catches up to the regular EverQuest Live servers? I suppose we shall see.
The timeline of the server, as I have been able to chart it over the years. As always, if you have any dates I can add to this, leave me a comment.
- Fippy Darkpaw server goes live with classic EQ content, February 15, 2011
- Classic EverQuest competed, February 24, 2011
- Ruins of Kunark unlocked, June 6, 2011
- Ruins of Kunark completed, June 19, 2011
- Scars of Velious unlocked, August 29, 2011
- Scars of Velious completed, September 14, 2011
- Shadows of Luclin unlocked, November 21, 2011
- Shadows of Luclin completed, December 4, 2011
- Planes of Power unlocked, February 13, 2012
- Lost Dungeons of Norrath unlocked, March 12, 2012
- Legacy of Ykesah unlocked, March 12, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlock vote fails, May 7, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlock vote fails, May 21, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlock vote fails, June 4, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlocked at last, June 18, 2012
- Omens of War unlocked, September 10, 2012
- Omens of War complete, September 12, 2012
- Dragons of Norrath unlocked without a vote, November 13, 2012
- Prophecy of Ro completed, April 26, 2013
- The Serpent’s Spine unlocked, July 16, 2013
- The Serpent’s Spine complete, July 19, 2013
- The Buried Sea unlock vote goes up, September 23, 2013
- The Buried Sea unlocked, October 7, 2013
- The Buried Sea complete, October 9, 2013
- Echoes of Faydwer complete, ~end of January 2014
- Seeds of Destruction unlocked, May 1, 2014
- Seeds of Destruction complete, May 12, 2014