Fippy Darkpaw – Underfoot Unlock Vote Fails July 16, 2014Posted by Wilhelm Arcturus in entertainment, EverQuest.
Tags: Fippy Darkpaw, Progression Server, Seeds of Destruction, Underfoot, Vulak
Another update in my sporadic attempts to cover and track the Fippy Darkpaw time locked progression server timeline while neither playing on the server nor actually paying all that much attention to EverQuest in general.
The rumor which I mentioned yesterday appeared to be true. Last night my computer was finally able to find its way to the EverQuest forums… I wasn’t really interested in doing any work at my end to compensate for SOE’s blunder… and found the following from Roshen of the community service team:
The players on Fippy Darkpaw have voted not to unlock Underfoot at this time. This vote will remain available and players will still be able to vote to unlock Underfoot. The server will check every other Monday for the outcome of each voting period.
So for the first time in over two years, since the last of the three Gates of Discord down votes, it appears that an expansion unlock vote has failed on the Fippy Darkpaw server.
I do not really know why it failed. At this point the raiding guilds appear to be the largest segment of the population on the server, and they have generally been very much in favor of advancing to the next expansion. There was, as I noted, a rumor in the forums that members of one of the raiding guilds wanted more time to farm the Seeds of Destruction content for gear before advancing, but it doesn’t seem like one guild could swing the vote that way. Then again, there were the usual complaints about the voting system not working for some people, so maybe they could.
Otherwise, I am not sure what it could be. I haven’t heard that the Underfoot expansion itself, which went live back in December 2009, was particularly objectionable. Yes, it had the “jump on the bandwagon” addition of achievements, which managed to capture a lot of the bad aspects about them without much of the shiny happy goodness, but otherwise nothing really noxious came with the expansion that I know of. Maybe it is a meta game thing between the guilds.
No matter what though, it will have to wait until the next vote.
Meanwhile, there was a sad trombone moment for the accompanying Vulak’Aerr progression server, which also got a chance to vote on the Underfoot expansion, which turned out to be in error.
The vote for Vulak’Aerr to unlock the Underfoot expansion should not have happened on that server. The team plans on reverting this server back to Seeds of Destruction. Players on Vulak’Aerr will need to defeat the content from Seeds of Destruction before they can vote to unlock Underfoot.
Get back to work Vulak guilds!
So the Seeds of Destruction expansion remains live on both of the time locked progression servers at this point.
And on the game goes.
The timeline of the server, as I have been able to chart it over the years. As always, if you have any dates I can add to this, leave me a comment.
- Fippy Darkpaw server goes live with classic EQ content, February 15, 2011
- Classic EverQuest competed, February 24, 2011
- Ruins of Kunark unlocked, June 6, 2011
- Ruins of Kunark completed, June 19, 2011
- Scars of Velious unlocked, August 29, 2011
- Scars of Velious completed, September 14, 2011
- Shadows of Luclin unlocked, November 21, 2011
- Shadows of Luclin completed, December 4, 2011
- Planes of Power unlocked, February 13, 2012
- Lost Dungeons of Norrath unlocked, March 12, 2012
- Legacy of Ykesah unlocked, March 12, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlock vote fails, May 7, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlock vote fails, May 21, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlock vote fails, June 4, 2012
- Gates of Discord unlocked at last, June 18, 2012
- Omens of War unlocked, September 10, 2012
- Omens of War complete, September 12, 2012
- Dragons of Norrath unlocked without a vote, November 13, 2012
- Prophecy of Ro completed, April 26, 2013
- The Serpent’s Spine unlocked, July 16, 2013
- The Serpent’s Spine complete, July 19, 2013
- The Buried Sea unlock vote goes up, September 23, 2013
- The Buried Sea unlocked, October 7, 2013
- The Buried Sea complete, October 9, 2013
- Echoes of Faydwer complete, ~end of January 2014
- Seeds of Destruction unlocked, May 1, 2014
- Seeds of Destruction complete, May 12, 2014
- Underfoot unlock vote fails, July 14, 2014