The weekend has come and gone and Runic released their patch as promised.
Unfortunately, it wasn’t just a patch, it was a full re-build of the installer. You need to uninstall the original version and install this new version.
This was all done for the right reasons, so I do not know if I can fault them for making this choice. But it has left me waiting for the update.
The problem is, they say, that each of the digital vendors needs to add in their own DRM scheme. As of this morning, some of the vendors have done that, and some have not.
Of course, I bought my copy via Direct2Drive, so I do not have access yet to the update yet and there is no word on when that may happen.
Lesson learned? Try and buy directly from the company if possible I suppose.
Now, on the bright side, I am not suffering from any of the major, game-play stopping issues, so it isn’t critical for me to get this update. I just have some mild, irrational anxiety knowing that I will have to reinstall.
Until then, I’m waiting for Direct2Drive.