Star Trek Online. It’s coming.
Okay, so the myriad of pre-order and special edition options that Atari and Cryptic have announced so far (are they done yet?) have certainly made the task of what to buy a little more challenging than is common for an MMO launch.
Still, we all have another choice here.
We can complain about how Cryptic and Atari have apparently gone off the rails on the bonus item front.
Or we can embrace change and encourage it towards it ultimate silly destination.
(Personally, I plan to do both, but that is another story.)
So in the interest of embracing change, I have begun to formulate a list additional pre-order, special edition, or other purchase option bonus features that I think Cryptic and/or Atari should look into.
- Spock raised eyebrow emote
- Yeoman Rand soft focus option
- Mirror universe uniforms option, complete with beards (TOS or DS9 variations, if you like)
- Kristie Alley Vulcan bridge crew member
- Captain Pike bridge crew member (with lights)
- “Awful uniforms from the early movies” option
- Khan uniforms option
- Aliens Kirk slept with bridge crew
- Commander Riker beard option
- Original series Klingon option
- Commander Riker trombone option
- Special Kirk lighting effects option
- Special Kirk “hide my weight gain” effects
That is what I have come up with so far.
What other options should Cryptic and Atari consider?
I’m sure I can think of more.
Or maybe I’ll go watch that fleet action video yet again and try to forget this.