- What We’re Playing – EQ2 for most of us, WoW and Pokemon for me, and Ageod’s American Civil War for Darren.
- Review of GDC San Francisco – We talk a bit about GDC, since we were all there, and review what we saw.
- Facebook and the Future – Prompted by events at GDC, where so-called “social games” were the next big thing (previous “next big things” have included casual games, free to play games, browser games, and subscription MMOs). We talk a lot about Facebook games, bringing up a lot of opinions from around net including those of Raph Koster, Soren Johnson, Brian Green, and others. (Reading those posts will bring you up to speed.) This is pretty much the meat of the show and explicit language is used.
- When A Million is not Enough – Sated on the Facebook front, we begin to moan about the subscription projections for Star Wars The Old Republic. I covered this a bit, but Scott Jennings really gives voice to our fears in his MMORPG.com column.
- Show Close
- Out Takes
Blogs of the Show
- Darren – Letrange’s EVE Blog
- Karen – Hardly Casual
- Brent – Bio Break
- Me – The Psychology of Video Games
Special show thanks go out to the Bullet Points Blog, the self-declared keeper of the Blogs of the Show List.
The show is available on iTunes or can be downloaded over at VirginWorlds.