Oh, I’ve been waiting for this one. This has drama, rage quit, and QQ written all over it.
I’ve written about PLEX before.
PLEX, or 30 day Pilot License EXtensions are in-game items that can be bought or sold and which extend your game subscription by 30 days. You buy them for real money and get them in-game.
However, up to this point, there have been some draconian restrictions on PLEX. Basically, you cannot move it. It sits in the space station in which you purchased it. You can sell it to somebody else at that station, but it is stuck there until somebody uses it.
Soon, however, new rules will apply. From their post:
- We will remove the restriction on undocking from a station with a PLEX in your cargo hold
- We will remove the restriction that PLEX cannot be put into courier contracts
- We will remove the restriction that items (including PLEX) can only be redeemed into NPC stations
- We will remove the restriction that items (including PLEX) can only be reverse-redeemed from NPC stations
- We will remove the restriction that ETC can only be converted into PLEX while inside an NPC station
PLEX will be set free. You can carry it around. You can sell people contracts to carry it for you.
And, of course, people can take it away from you.
And that is where the fun begins. Somebody scans your cargo, sees you’re carrying game time, and you are suddenly a high priority target.
This goes live Tuesday, July 13, 2010.
I cannot wait to see how this unfolds. I want to read tales of PLEX piracy.
This is soooo EVE Online.