The official site for the 2011 Pokemon Video Game Championship Series page is up at last, and Nintendo has released the dates and locations for the events leading up to the final world-wide Championship in San Diego. Kotaku first posted the dates and locations, which I reposted here.
For the United States, the events will be:
- May 14th, Seattle, WA- Washington State Convention Center, Hall 4B
- May 21st, San Jose, CA – San Jose Convention Center, Exhibit Hall 2
- May 28th, Dallas, TX- Arlington Convention Center, Grand Hall
- June 4th, Atlanta, GA- Gwinnett Center, Hall A and B
- June 11th, Washington, D.C.- Dulles Expo Center, South Hall
- June 18th, Newark, NJ- Meadowlands Exposition Center
In Europe, the events scheduled are:
- June 4th, Birmingham, United Kingdom- National Exhibition Centre, Hall 8
- June 11th, Rome, Italy- Fiera Roma, Hall 12, Ingresso Nord
- June 18th, Madrid, Spain- IFEMA, Hall 1, Feria de Madrid
- June 25th, Paris, France- Espace Grande Arche, Parvis de La Défense
- July 2nd , Cologne, Germany- EXPO XXI Köln GmbH, Gladbacher Wall 5
The US National championship will be held in Indianapolis on July 8-10.
And the final World Championship round will be held August 12 through August 14 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront in San Diego, California.
The San Jose location is very close to me, so I am sure my daughter and I will at least head out to see how the event goes. Remember, arrive early… very early. The lines for entering the event have been, in the past, very long.
How about you? Will you be able to get to an event? Will you enter and compete?