Small items that I feel compelled to bring up, yet couldn’t really build a post around, so I will just steal somebody elses format.
- You’re not really rage quitting until you have compared your situation to the Holocaust. Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor cries out about the extremists who blew up… wait, it wasn’t blown up… who put his station tower into reinforce. (Hint: It’s the evil Goons again.)
- Free to play might be a nice idea, but when you make your $15 a month subscription available for $1.25, you may have made a wrong turn somewhere. SOE suddenly yanks the ability to pay for your subscription with Station Cash. Sounds like somebody did the math.
- Is the Diablo III auction house going to kill off the game early? The reward patterns are apparently reversed when compared to its long lived predecessor, Diablo II. Somebody tell Dabigredboat he can stop now. (Ah, I see Blizzard picked up the assist in sending that message.)
- What do those points mean? Jester details how the EVE Online kill boards calculate the points you are awarded for your kills. Except the Battle Clinic kill board, which does something else. They make EVEMon, so I guess we can forgive them.
- Oh, and the EVE devs have another great economic post up examining the price of minerals since the Inferno update and Hulkageddon. I love that sort of thing.
- Nexon plunks down $687 million for 15% of NCsoft. I am not sure what that will mean in the long run. Maybe I’ll get to play a US version of Kart Rider on my PC some day?
- Derek Smart provided one of the more cogent statements about the 38 Studios collapse. Yes, it is in a comment thread. Isn’t he always there? Anyway, with 38 Studios filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy, it is all over bar the criminal investigation. It was nice to hear that the Big Huge Games team has options.
- And my Burn Jita video on YouTube passed the 100,000 views mark, which gives it 99,142 more views than my second most popular video, which involved using LEGO technology to cheat my Pokewalker. Thanks to all the viewers in Poland and France! My poor WoW Instance group video, which is probably my personal favorite, sits at just 300 views. Maybe I failed to make proper use of the media. Where have I heard that complaint before? Hah!