This morning there was some running around as a possible fleet action built up in Fountain. I got into game and into Lazerus Telraven’s fleet, which got left behind waiting on a titan while the other fleets moved out.
Then it was announced that we had a cyno in place and that our fleet would be dropping on the hostiles ahead of the other fleets. After a tidi titan jump, where the bridge went up and then down before anybody got bridged out, we landed near the gate in 3WE-KY. And then the fun began.
We were there ahead of the other fleets and sitting on top of several hostile fleets. Reinforcements were on the way for us, but we had to hold out for over an hour while outnumbered. And then TEST and pals started dropping some capital ships on the field.
Fleet doctrine and good logistics played out well for us. There were some losses early on in our fleet, but for the most part we held out. I was the primary target for the hostiles at one point, though I noticed I was getting yellow boxed in time to get my request for armor reinforcement early. And even then, it was a near run thing.
I ended up about 10% into structure before reps started to out weight the incoming fire. The battle went on. I saw the numbers in local continue to rise. When we jumped in it was just over 1,100 and I saw it get close to 1,700 by the time the fight hit its peak. Naturally, time dilation was in full effect, running at 10% with some lag on top of that.
And then the tide began to turn. Other fleets began to arrive on scene. We ended up dropping some capital ships of our own. And, in the end, any hostiles left on field were destroyed. I have 8 dreadnaughts and 3 carriers on my kill tally for the day, along with a pile of enemy battleships. A big battle indeed.
Early on in the fight, it was declared an Alamo operation, where we were surrounded and outnumbered and hoping for reinforcement. Then, it became The Lazamo, named for our FC.
Addendum: The Mittani has a report up on the battle now.
I had the screen shots sorted by time and then the WordPress gallery tool decided that they needed to be in alphabetical order. I have tried to put them back in the correct sequence.