BlizzCon is upon us and Blizzard had lots of things to talk about at the opening ceremonies.
They talked about Hearthstone and actually kind of piqued my interested in it. I like that it will be on the iPad or iPhone. I am not sure I need another game on my desktop. Michael Morheim himself stood up and gave the big Diablo III auction house mea culpa. As was mentioned before, the auction house is coming out and the game itemization is being redone. That got a lot of cheers. There was talk about the Blizzard MOBA, called Heroes of the Storm this week.
And then there was the big announcement, the next World of Warcraft expansion: Warlords of Draenor.
The lore bit is that Garrosh Hellscream is going to escape from prison and travel back 35 game years in the past and through the portal to Draenor before it was wrecked.
And, of course, we have to go stop him.
Heh, yeah. Orcs are like that I guess.
The basics are:
- 10 new levels – Level cap will be 100
- Everybody will get one insta-level 90 option with the expansion
- 7 new zones
- Garrisons – a sort of housing
- 7 new dungeons, and 2 new raids at launch
- Character model updates for original races
- Inventory improvements
- A new open world PvP zone and a few updates and changes
I took some screen shots of the live stream and, thanks to 720p quality, they are not bad. I have those plus the details I gleaned after the cut.