Today is the day.
I am not betting on an early launch, but Daybreak’s shot at nostalgia servers for EverQuest II are slated to come online today, after a two week beta. The short version of what these servers are is:
The more detailed list of features, from the forums, is:
- PvP server: no battlegrounds EVER!
- PvP server: no prestige housing!
- PvP server: no flying, leaping or gliding EVER!
- PvP server: No more pvp stats on gear. Procs return to items that have them.
- PvP server: Travel bells will be restricted, more information to be determined.
- There will only be ground mounts and they will have reduced ground speed. Most likely 45%/50% run speed.
- Only All Access Members will be able to create characters and log into the TLE-Servers.
- A new queue system for logging into the servers
- Content will be locked to classic EverQuest 2, starting areas will be Frostfang Sea and Darklight Wood. More on this later.
- Expansions will be voted to be unlocked at certain times by the population of the server. Majority vote 2/3 of the population.
- No Veteran Rewards or Veteran experience bonus.
- No Recruit a Friend
- No /claims. Anything you could claim on your normal accounts will not be available on the new TLE-Servers
- Loyalty System and daily quests will be locked to Chains of Eternity expansion.
- Legendary, Fabled and Mythical crits will be locked to Altar of Malice Expansion.
- No dungeon finder
- Level agnostic dungeons will be locked to an undetermined expansion feature.
- No races or classes will be restricted from character create if you own them. They will all be playable at launch.
- Re-forging, Mercenaries, and Tradeskill apprentices will be locked to Age of Discovery.
- Mercenaries may or may not return to PvP, this will most likely become a poll in the future.
- Guidhalls and their amenities will be locked to a undetermined expansion. We are still considering this.
- No prestige home portal or home UI will be available.
- Marketplace will be highly restricted and polls will be done to determine what will be available.
- Experience penalty will be returned to launch levels of experience gain
- Coin will also be returned to launch levels of coin gain.
- Adventure packs will be linked to specific expansions, still being determined.
I am surprised they haven’t updated that, but maybe they will have something new once the server goes live.
And the whole Alternate Advancement side of things will be unlocked as follows:
- Exp01: Desert of Flames, Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild Level raised to 60, Guild Level Cap Increased to 60
- Exp02: Kingdom of Sky, Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild Level raised to 70, Alternate Advancement Subclass Window unlocked with a 50 AA cap, Guild Level Cap Increased to 70
- Exp03: Echoes of Faydwer, AA Class Tree Unlocked, AA Cap is Raised to 100, Tinkering, Transmuting, and Adorning Unlocked
- Exp04: Rise of Kunark, Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild Level raised to 80, AA Cap is Raised to 140, Guild Level Cap Increased to 80, Guild Halls
- Exp05: The Shadow Odyssey, AA Shadows Tree Unlocked, AA Cap is Raised to 200
- Exp06: Sentinel’s Fate, Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild Level raised to 90, AA Cap is Raised to 250, Guild Level Cap Increased to 90
- Exp07: Destiny of Velious, Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild Level raised to 92, AA Heroic Tree Unlocked, AA Cap is Raised to 300, Flying, Leaping and Gliding Mounts
- Exp08: Age of Discovery, AA Cap is Raised to 320, Mercenaries, Apprentices, Reforging
- Exp09: Chains of Eternity, Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild Level raised to 95, Prestige Window Unlocked, Guild Level Cap Increased to 95
- Exp10: Tears of Veeshan, AA Dragon Tree Unlocked, AA Cap is Raised to 350
- Exp11: Altar of Malice, Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild Level raised to 100, Prestige Class Tree is Unlocked, Guild Level Cap Increased to 100, Legendary, Fabled and Mythical crits
Unfortunately, this is going to be a busy week for me, so I doubt I will be able to peek in on the server until the weekend. We shall see how things play out. While I remain mildly disappointed, though not surprised, that the Isle of Refuge won’t be making an appearance, I will surely head to Qeynos to explore the old zones out there, including the catacombs below the city.
Now, will anybody show up for this? Is there nostalgia for some variation of old EverQuest II?