æi þarna effectinn sem kemur þegar þú færir sjónlínu á hlut í gegnum linsu og staðsetning hlutsins virðist breytast við það
CCP PrismX rendering Parallax into Icelandic
Another small expansion day for EVE Online. While the idea of big expansions has returned to CCP, the smaller versions continue on as before.
This month brings us the Parallax expansion, and the graphic associated with it hints at its main focus, which is null sec and sovereignty.
Top of the list for me, being a null sec resident, are:
- Jump Fatigue is now capped at a maximum of 5 days, while reactivation is capped at 12 hours.
While Jump Fatigue mostly works as before, you can now no longer get yourself stuck with 30 days of fatigue. The idea is that no matter what you do over one weekend, you will be able to play the following weekend.
- Outposts, Infrastructure Hubs, Territorial Claim Units, Station Services (if not disabled), and Command Nodes now have a new behavior related to the Entosis mechanic: Defensive Regeneration. These items will now slowly automatically capture themselves in the defender’s favor if there are no active Entosis links targeted on them. The rate of regeneration is unaffected by the Activity Defense Modifier or any other variable, and is fixed for each different type of structure. The regeneration time for each type of structure is shown in the type’s window.
This is actually pretty big. If somebody comes and trolls your sovereignty but doesn’t come back to take it when the timer runs down, you no longer have to deploy your own Entosis Link modules to repair them.
You might ask how often that happens. It happens all the time. I was on a fleet last night that formed for a timer because NCdot had reinforced an infrastructure hub. They came out to fight when the timer ran down, but we drove them off, after which we had to go find somebody with an Entosis Link module to repair the i-hub. Only the person who showed up wasn’t in the right alliance, so started capturing the i-hub instead. So somebody else had to go and we ended up with two people running their Fozzie lasers over the structure.
If we were in the same position today, we could have just held the grid around the structure and it would have done its own repair work.
- TCUs and IHubs can now be self destructed by directors in the owner corporation. The self destruct countdown will take 20 minutes to complete. Directors and CEOs in the owner corporation are able to cancel the countdown.
This now allows groups to transfer or surrender sovereignty. If you don’t own sov, transfer doesn’t mean much, but if you do it does give you some leverage. I also expect to see some espionage operations around this sort of thing, with a director/spy burning themselves to destroy a structure.
Those and more sovereignty related items are covered in a Dev Blog.
Then there is Brain in a Box, which was described to me in Vegas as redoing the way the game handles player stats and attributes.
Previously, at every transition (e.g. undocking, taking a jump gate, entering a wormhole) the game needed to reload all of your data. This meant that 100 people undocking or taking a gate would spike tidi in a system. It is also supposed to handle your skills and attributes more efficiently. This is huge, as it should give everybody a performance boost. This will help people in Jita and beyond and will hopefully, some day, let CCP eliminate off-grid boosting, if I understand things correctly.
Also on the list for Parallax:
- Added a a jukebox feature (a checkbox) in the audio menu to allow players to opt out of the dynamic music system and just play the old jukebox playlist that came out with the game in 2003. (I can play Below the Asteroids in space again… if I turn on sound.)
- The graphics settings menu now offers a ‘Camera Bobbing’ option, this will toggle whether or not the camera will perform a gentle animation when left idle.
- The server is now counting PVP kills for each ship item, in preparation for the forthcoming ‘Kill marks’ feature. (See the sovereignty dev blog for details.)
- Fleet bonuses from the skills Leadership, Skirmish Warfare, and Information Warfare are now stacking penalized together with bonuses from other sources like modules.
- The wing commander of a fleet receives now fleet bonuses from the fleet booster. (This was so dumb. I have WC5 trained, so I sometimes end up in that role. No I get some boosts.)
- Any item that is scoopable can now also be scooped to a ships fleet hangar using the right click menu.
- A character with a criminal flag in a high-sec system is no longer able to board/switch ships whilst in space. (Suicide ganking just got a tad more difficult. No more solo character using a dozen ships to kill a single freighter.)
- New Probe and Directional Scanning Interfaces. Added as Beta feature default ON. (The d-scan interface looks like a huge quality of life improvement. Dev blog here)
- Added new Raata Sunset SKINs for most T1 and T2 Amarr ships. Tech 1 SKINs will available immediately, while Tech 2 SKINs will be available the following week. (Red skins for everybody I guess. I like it. Though on Amarr they are mostly white with red highlights.)
And, of course, no EVE Online expansion is complete without its own theme songe.