- Sunny and warm; February in Hawaii is about perfect summer weather
- Umbrella drinks in plentiful supply
- About as Vegas-like as Hawaii can get, in a good way
- Lots of Japanese tourists wielding selfie sticks
- Jellyfish warnings at the beach
- Taxi fares all end up being about twice what people tell you they will be
- Wife’s birthday planned for Farrell’s
- No Super Bowl craziness to deal with
- Headed to Pearl Harbor tomorrow
- Will be arriving back home when everybody is finally leaving
Also, we can see Diamond Head from our hotel room.
And, having climed up to the peak of the crater rim, I can confirm that you can see our hotel room from the summit.
Addendum: Our rental car for a drive around the island, a mid-life crisis worthy bitchin’ yellow convertible Camaro.