First, I have to get on my soap box about CCP and its naming scheme for patches. Last year I assumed that the number after the decimal point (the 5 in the title of this post) indicated the month of the year. And then the YC118.7 update came out in August and I was told that the number only indicated which patch number for the year, something that CCP kept up consistently through YC118.
Now we are in YC119 and we are getting the fourth patch of the year, but it is called YC119.5, no doubt because it is May, the fifth month of the year. Make up yer freakin’ minds CCP!
That aside, today’s patch brings the big changes to PLEX which CCP announced a while back.
After downtime today old PLEX, along with the Aurum currency, will be gone, replaced with new PLEX. All PLEX listings will be removed from the market. Then…
- Any old PLEX you have will be converted to 500 new PLEX.
- If you have Aurum in excess of 1,000 units, it will be converted to new PLEX at a ratio of 1 PLEX for every 7 Aurum.
- If you have less than 1,000 Aurum, likely the 300 free Aurum that CCP gave you at some point, that will be converted at a later date.
Items in the New Eden Store will be priced in new PLEX. There will be a new thing called the PLEX Vault that means you will never have to fly around with PLEX in your cargo hold… but you know people will do it anyway. And your estimated total wealth might drop considerably because the historical value for new PLEX will zero when the game comes back up.
Old PLEX was running at about 1.3 billion ISK each when I last looked, so new PLEX should have a valuation of about 2.6 million ISK each. But with the transition, some chaos and comedy will no doubt ensue. Look for some individual units of new PLEX to be listed in Jita at the old PLEX as people try to take advantage of those not paying attention.
Meanwhile, I am going to have to find a new generic PLEX graphic, as my old one will finally be totally out of date.
Also showing up with today’s update is the addition of Blood Raider’s ship yards.
This new NPC complex (there will only ever be one active at a time) will drop capital ship blue print copies for the Dagon force auxiliary, the Chemosh dreadnought, and the Molok titan. The new NPC AI that comes with the ship yards will respond to attacks with forces in measure to make any assault difficult. Here are the bullet points from the patch notes:
- Blood Raider Shipyards are Sotyios, built and owned by the Blood Raider faction. Only one can exist at a time.
- They can be found in Blood Raider 0.0 Space (Delve, Querious, Period Basis).
- They Blood Raider Sotyio does not show up on the tactical overlay, nor can it be probed down. The best way to find them is to try following a Blood Raider hauler (Bestower or Impel), coming to pick up minerals from a mining operation. There will always be a mining operation in the system with the Blood Raiders Shipyard.
- The Blood Raiders will viciously defend their Shipyards. They use advanced fleet tactics (Tactical Warps, Logistics, Electronic Warfare Support) with powerful ships, including Dreadnoughts.
- The Blood Raider Sotyio only has a single 24hr reinforce cycle. Once into reinforce, it can be seen as per any other Upwell structure.
- Destroying the Sotyio will leave a wreck, which has standard Sotyio loot (salvage and minerals), and may also drop rare modules and capital blueprint copies for the Dagon, Chemosh and Molok.
- It takes some time for the Blood Raiders to build their first Sotyio. You can find it on Thursday (2017/05/11)
Given the tales I’ve heard comping from practice runs on the test server (400 cruisers dropped on a battleship force and effective dread bombs dropped on super capitals) I am not sure if this is a gift to null sec or just a clever way for CCP Larrikin to fulfill his wish to see more dead capital ships. Anyway, I expect comedy to ensue until we figure it out.
Also on the list is new stars.
CCP has redone the graphics for stars so they are now colorful balls of rippling plasma that come in 15 eye watering flavors.
CCP is also killing off the legacy scanning UI. From this release forward you only have the new UI to work with. Since I actually prefer the new UI, this sounds fine to me, but I imagine this will cause some pain to others. Sorry man.
The YC119.5 update also includes:
- Maximum duration of contracts changed from 3 to 4 weeks
- Color coding of fighter health bars
- Alliance and Corp logos on citadels, along with the leader’s portrait (pictures of The Mittani everywhere in Delve now)
- Ship hangar lighting improvements
- Promotional CONCORD ships Pacifier and Enforcer added to the game (but not yet distributed to Fanfest attendees)
- Removal of ability to manufacture starbase (POS) compression, reprocessing, and assembly arrays along with labs as part of the transition to citadels and engineering complexes
- New cinematic intro, which you can compare to past efforts at The Nosy Gamer
- Lots more fixes and tweaks
Details for all of this can be found in the YC119.5 patch notes and the updates page. The patch itself has gone live and is ready to explore. There was an issue reported with single sign on, but that seems to have been fixed.
Finally, no update for EVE Online goes live without a new music track, so we have YC119.5’s theme, The Luminous Eye.