As I mentioned… okay, bitched about… in Monday’s post, the coming of the new EVE Online community site disconnected the news updates from the old RSS feeds. The feeds were still there, but no new items were being added after the change over.
CCP Avalon, responding to the grousing of the few of us who actually use RSS and a feed reader (or who populate web sites like Total EVE or the side bar of my own EVE Online Pictures via these feeds), sent out an update over Twitter earlier today with a new set of feeds for EVE Online news.
Since WordPress seems to want to mangle that Tweet due to URLs, the new feeds are as follows:
- EVE News – https://www.eveonline.com/rss/news
- EVE Dev Blogs – https://www.eveonline.com/rss/dev-blogs
- EVE Patch Notes – https://www.eveonline.com/rss/patch-notes
There are also JSON flavored versions of the feeds, if that is your thing.
- EVE News JSON – https://www.eveonline.com/rss/json/news
- EVE Dev Blogs JSON – https://www.eveonline.com/rss/json/dev-blogs
- EVE Patch Notes JSON – https://www.eveonline.com/rss/json/patch-notes
The feeds are up and live and populated with current and past items, so it wasn’t even a hard before/after cut over but a smooth transition.
So all is good in that little corner of the world again. The side bar on my other blog has been updated and once I update Feedly those items should be showing up in the Gaming Company News feed at the bottom of the side bar here as well.
Social media is fine and dandy, but RSS is where you go when you want reliability.