Now that we’ve hopefully finished up with CSM13 drama it is time to move on to CSM14.
CCP posted a dev blog today announcing the timeline for the CSM14 elections and it starts TODAY with applications. You have just about two weeks to apply to run for office, after which the vetting will happen, candidates will be announced, and the voting will begin.
The timeline looks like this currently:
- 30th April – 12th May: Accepting applications
- 13th – 17th May: Processing applications
- 25th May: Announcing candidates at EVE Down Under
- 25th May – 7th June: Campaign Period
- 10th – 17th June: Voting
- 22nd June: Announcing CSM 14 Members at EVE North
So come the first day after the summer solstice we will have a new council of stellar management. And then we can see what shenanigans they get up to.
If you’re keen to throw your hat into the ring and travel to Iceland twice to spend long days in a conference room arguing about internet spaceships while spending the rest of your term with people angry at you no matter what you say, here are the rules for applying:
- Your account must be older than 60 days at the time candidacy applications close.
- Characters on both Alpha and Omega accounts are eligible to run.
- You must have a history of honoring the EULA and the Terms of Service. We will screen every applicant thoroughly and EULA/TOS violations on your record can result in a rejected application.
- Your account must have updated and correct information at the time of your application. This includes; your real-life name, correct date of birth and the same email you use to submit your application. To view and edit this information go to the account management website.
- Candidates must have reached 18 years of age. If the legal adult age in your home country (the age at which you have the legal capacity to enter into a contract) is higher than 18, that number applies instead.
- As an applicant, you must consent to provide your personal details to CCP, including your real name and a copy of your passport. CCP needs to affirm your real-life identity for NDA contract purposes and the ability to travel to summits in Iceland is a key function of the CSM.
- If you do not currently have a valid passport, we will accept a picture/scan of a valid and approved passport application accompanied by a picture of your driver’s license.
- You must consent to share your country of origin with the EVE Community and having it displayed on the EVE Online website. You will not be required to share any other personal information with the EVE community.
- If you are running as an “alt” and you control a character that has a reputation in the EVE universe, CCP may require you to run under that identity at its full discretion.
At least they no longer post your real life name when you’re elected. People should have to expend at least a few minutes of effort in order to dox you on Reddit.
And so it goes. I expect the usual amount of complaining and cynicism around the whole process, followed by null sec candidates to take up 6-8 of the 10 seats once the ballots have been counted. Enjoy the show.
Other, perhaps less cynical, coverage: