As I have mentioned in the last couple of posts, I was out of town for most of last week, so I do not have much in the way of personal observations to add. Then again, it doesn’t seem like much happened while I was away either. The weekend PCU capped at 35,650, down some from last week and the big move op.
If you’re looking for something to read, Asher Elias, founder of Reavers and one of the key Imperium FCs, wrote a long post on Reddit about Goons as the “Good Guys” in null sec and how, in his view, Goons and the coalition have changed over the years. If you don’t agree with him, I am sure there is something in the comments to your liking.
The invaders spent some time moving their supers and titans from FAT-6P, where they had languished a mere four gates from Imperium space for weeks, all the way around to I-CUVX Fountain in order to assail the two remaining Imperium Keepstars in the region. Kind of a long way to go, especially since they felt the need to lay down Keepstars for every step of the journey. But both Keepstars will die to that onslaught without a doubt. The KVN-36 Keepstar will likely be dead before this post goes live. (There it went.) The Y-2ANO Keepstar, however, has no timer set currently. PandaFam also cleaned up a bunch of structures we had left in Fountain. When will they gate those supers and titans into Delve?
Going through the continuous update thread on our forums, Querious remains a place of skirmishes. Neither side is keen to drop fresh ihubs in the eastern side of the region, and the western side remains in Imperium hands. Lots of skirmishes, but nothing that changed the landscape. Period Basis and Delve remained as they were.
I did get into a couple of fleets once I was back on the weekend, so added a few kill mails to my list, but nothing spectacular. I did not lose any ships either, so my loss total remains as such:
- Ares interceptor – 9
- Atron entosis frigate – 5
- Drake entosis battle cruiser – 3
- Malediction interceptor – 2
- Scalpel logi frigate – 2
- Ferox battle cruiser – 2
- Bifrost entosis command destroyer – 1
- Cormorant destroyer – 1
- Purifier stealth bomber – 1
- Hurricane battle cruiser – 1
- Sigil entosis industrial – 1
The July Monthly Economic Report
Since I don’t have much else to say about the war, I might as well use this post to look at a bit of the July MER. I will write a longer post later about it, but I thought the destruction numbers might be interesting.
As a baseline, the top ten regions for player ship and structure losses in June were:
- The Forge – 3.06 trillion (High Sec)
- Lonetrek – 2.40 trillion (High Sec)
- The Citadel – 2.19 trillion (High Sec)
- Sinq Laison – 2.17 trillion (High Sec)
- Black Rise – 2.15 trillion (Low Sec)
- Domain – 2.02 trillion (High Sec)
- Delve – 2.02 trillion (Imperium)
- Metropolis – 1.60 trillion (High Sec)
- Vale of the Silent – 1.15 trillion (mixed small groups)
- Fountain – 1.09 trillion (Imperium)
A total of 45.67 trillion ISK was destroyed in June across all regions.
That includes a bit of the pre-war warm up, but the war did not officially kick off until July 5th, so if the war is/was/will be real, we should see a rise in numbers in some regions. The top ten for July were:
- The Forge – 3.60 trillion (High Sec)
- Fountain – 2.53 trillion (Imperium)
- Lonetrek – 1.89 trillion (High Sec)
- Delve – 1.61 trillion (Imperium)
- The Citadel – 1.31 trillion (High Sec)
- Metropolis – 1.06 trillion (High Sec)
- Providence – 1.02 trillion (Provi Bloc falling apart)
- Domain – 981 billion (High Sec)
- Heimatar – 962 billion (High Sec)
- Sinq Laison – 944 billion (High Sec)
The Forge, home to Jita, saw a 500 billion ISK rise in destruction, no doubt some of it due to interdiction efforts by both side. And Fountain, the main front for the first phase of the war, was a near 2.5x increase in destruction.
However, a lot of regions, including Delve, were down when it came to destruction. The overall count was 36 trillion ISK, down over 9 trillion ISK from June. So I figured I would look at the regions where the war should be happening to see if at least destruction is up in those areas.
There are, I think, nine regions where the war is being waged. Here are the June to July numbers for each:
- Aridia – 688 billion to 516 billion
- Catch – 801 billion to 723 billion
- Delve – 2.02 trillion to 1.61 trillion
- Esoteria – 717 billion to 1.31 trillion
- Fountain – 1.09 trillion to 2.53 trillion
- Paragon Soul – 118 billion to 668 billion
- Period Basis – 418 billion to 1.01 trillion
- Querious – 350 billion to 1.19 trillion
- Stain – 558 billion to 148 billion
Looking at places where destruction was up, it seems like the war in July took place in Esoteria, Fountain, Paragon Soul, Period Basis, and Querious. I will have to see how that develops when we get the August MER.
- INN – World War Bee Week Eight