We got the August Monthly Economic Report for EVE Online last week and I finally had some time to take a look. I cannot even blame CCP this time for my slipping into another month.
And since there is a war on, I might as well look into destruction first. A CCP tallied a total of 38.4 trillion ISK in destroyed ships and structures for August, up 2 trillion from July.
The top ten regions for destruction in August were:
- Fountain – 2.70 trillion (Imperium)
- The Forge – 2.69 trillion (High Sec)
- Domain – 2.18 trillion (High Sec)
- Heimatar – 1.91 trillion (High Sec)
- Lonetrek – 1.86 trillion (High Sec)
- The Citadel – 1.83 trillion (High Sec)
- Delve – 1.69 trillion (Imperium)
- Catch – 1.36 trillion (Legacy)
- Metropolis – 1.24 trillion (High Sec)
- Sinq Laison – 1.31 trillion (High Sec)
For once The Forge region is not at the top of the chart. Fountain, where much of the fighting was focused in August and PandaFam pushed into the region, made it to the top. Though, to be fair, it is only there because there was almost a trillion less ISK destroyed in The Forge in August. The July number was 3.6 trillion.
Meanwhile, the Domain region jumped considerably. In July it was under 1 trillion, but for August it jumped past the 2 trillion ISK mark. I have no doubt that this was due to the Triglavian take over of Niarja and the fighting that provoked.
Delve, ostensibly the target of the war, remained at a modest 1.69 trillion ISK, on par with July, while Catch, home to some of Legacy Coalition, saw destruction nearly double, hitting 1.36 trillion ISK in August, up from shy of 800 billion in July.
Overall amount of destruction is down since the start of the war. When I looked at the numbers in June, a total of 45 trillion ISK had been destroyed and over 2 trillion ISK had been destroyed in Delve. I’m not sure that was how things were supposed to trend.
Then there is trade. I was wondering if the change to Niarja would have an impact on trade in Domain and its Amarr trade hub. It is probably too early to tell, but I can always plot the numbers and see how they change over time.
So for August these were the top ten regions for trade value:
- The Forge – 433 trillion (Jita)
- Domain – 43.5 trillion (Amarr)
- Sinq Laison – 18.5 trillion (Dodixie)
- Delve – 17 trillion (Imperium)
- Lonetrek – 15 trillion (Caldari High Sec)
- Heimatar – 9 trillion (Rens)
- Metropolis – 8.5 trillion (Hek)
- Essence – 5.8 trillion (Gallente High Sec)
- The Citadel – 4.8 trillion (Caldari High Sec)
- The Kalevala Expanse – 4.4 trillion (PandaFam)
The Forge was down a bit, though was still 10x second place. Amarr remained in second and was up 7 trillion ISK in trade, no doubt due to its proximity to the Niarja fighting. So maybe we’re seeing some impact already, though only time will tell.
On the money making front NPC bounties, the primary ISK faucet in New Eden, the tap was still open in several regions.
While still down from the highs of the past, and even the peaks of earlier in the year, there was still 52.6 trillion in bounties paid out, compared to 57.7 trillion ISK in July and 54.2 trillion in June.
The top regions in August were:
- Oasa – 6.31 trillion (PandaFam)
- Cobalt Edge – 3.40 trillion (PandaFam)
- Branch – 3.08 trillion (PandaFam)
- Perrigen Falls – 2.89 trillion (PandaFam)
- The Kalevala Expanse – 2.79 trillion (PandaFam)
- Deklein – 2.15 trillion (PandaFam)
- Insmother – 2.14 trillion (Legacy)
- Delve – 2.03 trillion (Imperium)
- Vale of the Silent – 1.96 trillion (mixed small groups)
- Detorid – 1.82 trillion (Legacy)
PandaFam may be doing the heavy lifting when it comes to the invasion, but they also appear to be benefiting from the focus on the southwest of null sec as they purge the NPC menace in their regions for fun and profit… or at least profit.
And, finally, there is mining. Mining value is based on the market price, so we must always keep the market price in mind. And, for August, the market price dipped just a bit.
So when we tally up the mining values for August and come up with 30.6 trillion ISK in value, and then compare it to July, where the count was 29 trillion ISK, we can surmise that more ore was harvested in August. The top regions were:
- The Forge – 1.59 trillion (High Sec)
- Domain – 1.34 trillion (High Sec)
- Sinq Laison – 1.27 trillion (High Sec)
- Metropolis – 1.27 trillion (High Sec)
- Lonetrek 1.23 trillion (High Sec)
- Oasa – 1.19 trillion (PandaFam)
- Perrigen Falls – 930 billion (PandaFam)
- The Citadel – 924 billion (High Sec)
- Insmother – 913 billion (Legacy)
- Tash-Murkon – 862 billion (High Sec)
High sec remains the focus of most of the mining in New Eden, though three null sec regions are on the list. Once again, the invaders benefit as the focus of the war is away from their regions.
I expect the mining numbers to change somewhat radically over the next few MER cycles.
CCP’s next big nerf to mining, which I mentioned on Tuesday, is set to take effect in October, but the effects were already being felt from the moment it came up. Mineral prices jumped up significantly and a lot of people undocked their Orcas to try and scoop up as much ore as possible before the big hit, after which I expect prices will rise even further and the CCP induced shortage impacts the market.
So I expect a big shakeup in the mining numbers with that. We shall see.
As always, all the raw data for the MER is available to download as part of the dev blog post.