Blaugust is over, another festival of blogging has come and gone.
Technically, according to the calendar, we’re in the “Lessons Learned” week of the event through Saturday, but I haven’t much else to add, so I will just round out the final week with some summing up.
I accomplished my goal. I published a post every single day in August, 31 in total. I am pretty sure I have earned the Rainbow Diamond Award for that. Go me.
Unlike past years, I didn’t run over. I have, at times, over planned and ended up with 40+ posts. This year I made quote exactly, 31 posts in 31 days. I suspect I made up for the fewer posts by writing more words per post, but I’ll leave that analysis for another day.
As is usual, I didn’t spend a lot of time focused on the event. I tend to potter along on my own without much input. I generally have more topics in mind, more things in my drafts folder, than I can find time to finish. That is just me.
Still, even with that, I did managed to find time to do at least two Blaugust focused posts. They were:
There isn’t a lot new for me to add to my past blogging advice, but I try to come up with something for the event now and then.
Naturally Belghast, who set up the whole event, has a post summing up how things went and who achieved which goals. I won’t steal all his thunder, but I do like the overall stats.
- 981 posts were made by Blaugust 2021 Participants
- 45 Individuals Participated in the event and made at least one post
- 2 Newbie Bloggers Participated and both made 31 posts
- 40 out of the 45 participating made at least 5 posts qualifying for Bronze
- 31 out of the 45 participating made at least 15 posts qualifying for Silver
- 22 out of the 45 participating made at least 25 posts qualifying for Gold
- 20 blogers made at least 31 posts qualifying for Rainbow Diamond
So congrats to everybody who participated. You should take a moment to visit some of the blogs that were involved in the event.
- Alli – The Parent Trope
- Ashgar – Ashs Adventures
- Aywren Sojourner – Spot of Mummery
- Belghast – Tales of the Aggronaut
- Bhagpuss – Inventory Full
- Blockade85 – A Page Where My Brain Leaks Onto
- Chestnut – Gamer Girl Confessions
- Easha and Poppy – Glittering Girly Gwent Gaming
- Endalia – Narratess
- everwake – Everwakes Adventures
- Jaedia – Dragons and Whimsy
- jamesmcrosby – MMO Folklorist
- Jen – Book of Jen
- Kaylriene – Kaylriene
- Kluwes – Many Welps
- Knifesedge Games – Knifesedge Blogs
- Krikket – Nerd Girl Thoughts
- Magi – Indiecator
- Mailvaltar – Mailvaltar – MMOs and other stuff
- Mike Azariah – A Missioneer in Eve
- MMOJuggler – MMOJuggler
- Naithin – Time to Loot
- Nimgimli – Dragonchasers
- Nogamara – Battle Stance
- Rakuno – Shards of Imagination
- Rambling Redshirt – Beyond Tannhauser Gate
- Roger Edwards – Contains Moderate Peril
- Rowan – I Have Touched the Sky
- SDWeasel – Unidentified Signal Source
- Shadowz – Shadowz Abstract Gaming
- Shintar – Going Commando
- Shintar – Neverwinter Thoughts
- Shintar – Priest with a Cause
- Solarayo – Ace Asunder
- Stargrace – Nomadic Gamers Eh
- Stingite / Tom – The Friendly Necromancer
- Syp – Bio Break
- Telwyn – Gaming SF
- Thyanel – Thyanel Plays
- Tipa – Chasing Dings!
- UltrViolet – Endgame Viable
- UnwiseOwl – Leaflocker
- WelshFox – Whats Occuring
- Wilhelm – The Ancient Gaming Noob
- Wolfyseyes – Through Wolfys Eyes
- Zapp – Leeterati