The July Monthly Economic Report for EVE Online has arrived, so it is time to dive into that.
- The Forge – 16.31 trillion (Caldari High Sec)
- Delve – 13.89 trillion (Imperium)
- Vale of the Silent – 11.85 trillion (Fraternity)
- Lonetrek – 6.99 trillion (Caldari High Sec)
- The Citadel – 5.79 trillion (Caldari High Sec)
- Tribute – 5.09 trillion (Fraternity)
- Fade – 3.56 trillion (WE FORM BL0B)
- Heimatar – 3.39 trillion (Minmatar High Sec)
- Sinq Laison – 2.91 trillion (Gallente High Sec)
- Malpais – 2.91 trillion (PanFam)
Total production according to the regional stats added up to 109.7 trillion ISK in value, about the same as June’s 110.59 trillion ISK production.
The data for the production chart above shows a total of 79.75 trillion ISK produced, which is also very close, if down slightly, from June’s 81.28 trillion ISK reported.
So production looked to be flat over the last two months, though the chart itself, which is a trend line based on daily production data, does seem to be trending downward all the same. I suppose August will tell us whether that line is really headed downward again or not.
As for where production was happening, you see a mix of high and null sec regions in the top ten regional data above, while the sub-chart for production shows:
Low sec has an increasing share of late, but high and null sec are where production happens in New Eden.
There are a couple of small wars going on in null sec, with Fraternity attacking Brave and Volta in Pure Blind while the Imperium has been winding itself back up again and attacking FI.RE in the southeast. Overall though destruction remained flat, with the regional data reporting a total of 27.48 trillion ISK, on par with the 27.08 trillion that was recorded in June.
The top regions for destruction were:
- The Forge – 1.62 trillion (Caldari High Sec)
- Pochven – 1.55 trillion (Triglavian)
- Pure Blind – 1.42 trillion (Brave/V0LTA)
- Lonetrek – 1.31 trillion (Caldari High Sec)
- Delve – 1.22 trillion (Imperium)
- Vale of the Silent – 1.08 trillion (Fraternity)
- The Citadel – 1.08 trillion (Caldari High Sec)
- Metropolis – 1.04 trillion (Gallente High Sec)
- Sinq Laison – 913 billion
- Perrigen Falls – 710 billion (PanFam)
Pure Blind at least made the cut in the top ten. The Imperium’s area of operation down south is way down the list, but we were distracted by a leadership upheaval in July.
The total from the Produced/Destroyed/Mined chart data was 28.74 trillion ISK destroyed, again lined up with June’s 27.59 trillion number. So things remained about the same.
As for the destruction by security band sub-chart from above, it remained about the same as well.
So it goes. At least the numbers did not go down.
The top ten regions for trade in July were:
- The Forge – 381.46 trillion (Jita)
- Domain – 33.21 trillion (Amarr)
- Lonetrek – 15.17 trillion (Caldari High Sec)
- Sinq Laison – 11.81 trillion (Dodixie)
- Delve – 11.80 trillion (Imperium)
- Metropolis – 10.43 trillion (Hek)
- Perrigen Falls – 7.54 trillion (PanFam)
- Heimatar – 7.25 trillion (Rens)
- Vale of the Silent – 5.37 trillion (Fraternity)
- Essence – 4.05 trillion (Gallente High Sec)
Trade in the regional stats totaled out to 521.5 trillion ISK, down from the 572 trillion ISK reported in June. 10 trillion of that drop was in Jita, while other regions showed minor adjustments in value.
Now to the money, starting off with the faucet end of the big sinks and faucets chart.
If you cannot read the numbers on that chart, the top six faucets for July were:
- Commodity – 48.1 trillion (up 3.8 trillion)
- Bounty Prizes – 20.3 trillion (down 0.4 trillion)
- Trig Invasion Payouts – 13.6 trillion (up 0.1 trillion)
- Incursion Payouts – 11.7 trillion (down 0.2 trillion)
- ESS Bounty Payouts – 8.9 trillion (down 0.1 trillion)
- Agent Mission Rewards 3.3 trillion (even with last month)
As with much of what I have covered so far, sinks are pretty much on par with last month.
The one exception on that list is commodities, which saw a jump in July. However, looking at the commodities over time break out, that looks like a spike driven by the Minmatar Liberation Day events. Those are the green line, miscellaneous.
You can also see bounty encrypted bonds are creeping up. July saw 7.56 trillion ISK in reserve bank thefts, and those pay out in bonds, which must then be taken to a low sec NPC in order to redeem them for ISK. That means that ESS main and reserve banks getting robbed doesn’t necessarily line up with commodities.
You can see that there are still 51 trillion ISK in bonds locked on up ESS reserve banks in New Eden. Oh, and as expected, most reserve bank heists are the local sovereignty owners collecting ISK from their own banks. Milking is the method.
So commodities are up, but not necessarily because wormholers are bagging more sleepers and turning their loot.
Meanwhile, in the regional stats, bounty prizes for blowing up NPCs showed the following as the top ten regions:
- Vale of the Silent – 2.1 trillion (Fraternity)
- Perrigen Falls – 1.64 trillion (PanFam)
- Delve – 1.44 trillion (Imperium)
- Fountain – 1.33 trillion (Imperium)
- The Kalevala Expanse – 1.21 trillion (PanFam)
- Querious – 1.04 trillion (Imperium)
- Catch – 957 billion (Imperium/Others)
- Malpais – 950 billion (PanFam)
- Insmother – 838 billion (FI.RE)
- Tenerifis – 764 billion (FI.RE)
No particular surprises on that list, save for the fact that FI.RE were still managing to rat in Insmother and Tenerifis. I expect neither region to make the top ten list for August.
The total is 27.11 trillion, down a bit from June’s 27.9 trillion, keeping with the whole theme so far.
Unlike last month though, total ISK in the game went up.
Again, the July theme, with faucets and sinks being very close to the June numbers. The main difference was the active ISK delta, which is how much ISK CCP counts out of the game due to player inactivity or due to seizure by the security team. That was 53 trillion ISK in June, but just shy of 15 trillion ISK in July.
Was security on vacation (quite possibly), or have we hit the bottom of the trough when it comes to players exiting the game? We’ll have to keep watching to see.
Meanwhile, the velocity of ISK, which I have been thinking even more about since Kazanir’s talk on Sunday, continues to decay… though not as much as previous months I suppose.
And, finally, the resource inputs into the economy, mining.
Mineral prices continued to climb up from their recent low, though they still remain at an all time high.
Additionally, the Secondary Producer Price Index, which has been on its own trajectory for a while, started to climb with mineral prices, while the Primary Producer Price Index, which has at least maintained some marginal relationship with the mineral price line, has started to collapse. And the Consumer Price Index remains fixed, all of which seems indicate that maybe the CPI isn’t measuring the right things… like PLEX related goods.
Overall, the regional data reported that a total of 14.5 trillion ISK value was mined in July, down from 16.46 trillion in June. The top regions for mining were:
- Vale of the Silent – 626 billion (Fraternity)
- Delve – 560 billion (Imperium)
- Aridia – 559 billion (Amarr Low Sec)
- The Forge – 549 billion (Caldari High Sec)
- Metropolis – 526 billion (Minmatar High Sec)
- Domain – 493 billion (Amarr High Sec)
- Derelik – 473 billion (Amarr High Sec)
- Lonetrek – 467 billion (Caldari High Sec)
- The Kalevala Expanse – 437 billion (PanFam)
- Malpais – 416 billion (PanFam)
Mining remains fairly well split among the security bands relative to the populations that live there. As noted previously, the resumption of capital production… or at least dreadnought production… has been driving gas mining as it is now required to build them, which is why you see the bump in wormhole and low sec mining since April.
The data from the produced/destroyed/mined chart up at the top of the post indicates that a total of 20.7 trillion ISK in value was mined, down from the 27.69 trillion ISK the same chart reported in June.
That looks like some more serious tapering off than some of the other aspects of the economy. Given that mineral prices are going up, which should be an incentive to mine, I wonder if that slump is an early indicator that other numbers may fall or if people are just on vacation.
We also have moon mining numbers. I messed up on that last month, the first month they appeared, by reporting them in billion ISK units, when in fact they were only counted in the millions. I have corrected that in the June MER post, but wanted to cop to my mistake here. Probably a sign as to how many people read down this far that I can be off by an order of magnitude and nobody calls me out. Anyway, the July numbers with the correct units were:
- Vale of the Silent – 257 million
- Delve – 198 million
- Perrigen Falls – 146 million
- The Kalevala Expanse – 137 million
- Domain – 135 million
- The Citadel – 131 million
- Malpais – 119 million
- Insmother – 111 million
- Genesis – 93 million
- Metropolis – 89 million
That isn’t a lot of ISK value when it comes to moon mining. I make more from Planetary Industry than that on my main account every month. Once again, I am brought back to Kazanir’s Sunday talk and the value of null sec space and moons.
And it isn’t even a null sec only thing. Low sec, once a battleground for moons, doesn’t rate and high sec 0.5 systems are making the top ten.
Overall there was a total of Total 3.32 billion ISK value, down from 3.995 billion reported in July.
And that is about all I have in me for July. The mining volume over time charts didn’t change much for July, except for ice mining, which showed an increase. So there we go.
As tends to happen, much of what I saw this month needs next months numbers to establish a pattern or present a new hypothesis.