Because we all love Scrappy-Doo, right?
Okay, me neither, but I needed some title for this Honest Scrap meme.
The only thing worse that being tagged for a blogging meme is not being tagged for a blogging meme. I feel hurt if I don’t get tagged and put upon if I do. That probably says something insightful about me. Can I count that as one of the 10 things I am supposed to list?
And what is this award about?
This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.
And, thanks to laziness on my part, I have been tagged by respective authors of Pumping Irony, and A Ding World, Symptom of a Greater Cure, and Malfi’s World.
Thank you very much guys! I do appreciate the thought!
The Rules for this meme are apparently:
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the names and links of the seven random victims and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
Okay, I think I have the first part covered. I’m not much on bragging, but I have done the acknowledgements.
The second part though… seven blogs?
Okay, meme starters everywhere, let’s set some guidelines. Nobody should have to tag more than three people, ever, just like no real rock and roll song should go over two minutes and fifty seconds. This isn’t a multi-level marketing scam scheme. I’ll shoot for seven this time, but don’t let me catch you asking for that many again! And no, I’m not going to go leave comments on those blogs either.
And the third part? Ten honest things about myself? Like the tagging part, this should be quality not quantity, so five things max next time. Or better yet, think of something new. I think I have done the random/honest/unlikely facts routine enough times. And pass it on? Isn’t that the whole point of part two?
There is nothing about including the “Honest Scrap” picture, so I guess it is optional.
Okay, so, seven blogs. I am going to go with CCP’s Apocrypha theme and pick some people who appear to be hiding of late to see if we cannot get them to show themselves or, in absence of that, nip this meme in the bud. So I choo-choo-choose:
- Kevin of The Server is Down
- Jaye of Journey’s with Jaye
- Krones of Plaguelands
- Aggro Me of Aggro Me (oh, wait, he’s over here.)
- Genda of The Grouchy Gamer
- Anakh of Big Ogre, Small World
- Craig of Voyages in Eternity
And 10 honest things about myself?
- I have never been seen in an Italian restaurant sipping cappuccino with an oriental women
- I do not recall, when I was younger, and my heart was an open book, ever saying, “Live and let live”
- I sometimes throw my arms up and occasionally shout, but rarely at the same time
- I have never noticed anybody avoiding me like a cyclone ranger
- I have no idea if Superman or Green Lantern have anything on me, nor am I at all concerned
- I have, on many occasions, been working in the lab late at night
- I have got somebody, no matter what part I’m playing
- I have never called the doctor and woke him up regarding a belly ache
- I remember distinctly what the door mouse said
- I have never run into my Uncle Max at the Golden Fingerbowl
All of which was inspired by scrolling through my iPod.
There is an implied “mini-game” in my 10 things of course, can you name the 10 songs?
Okay, can you do it without using Google?