The next of the Team Talos updates mentioned at EVE Vegas landed in New Eden today. (Team Talos overview and details were in this presentation.)
This is another set of changes aimed at upsetting the current combat meta in order to make things more interesting. The specific items changed by Team Talos are:
- Micro Jump Field Generator reworked to move a maximum of 25 capsuleer ships. All fighters, drones, probes and bombs will always be moved
- Bosonic Field Generator signature resolution increased to 10,000 (was 2000)
- Dromi I and Standup Dromi I web amount reduced to 10% (was 15%)
- Dromi II and Standup Dromi II web amount reduced to 15% (was 20%)
- Ansiblex Jump Gate and Tenebrex Cyno Jammer must now be anchored at least 500km from other Upwell Structures
The first item on the list is a bit of a fix for the invulnerable booshing Raven fleet popularized by The Initiative that could essentially shoot a Keepstar without taking much damage.
The next three are attempts to make subcaps less vulnerable to supers and titans, while the final change basically keeps people from anchoring either of those structures effectively under the guns of a Keepstar. CCP was going to grandfather currently situated structures, but rightly decided to apply it universally after some time elapsed. It is a null sec alliance thing, and null sec alliances can afford to make the change.
So we get those changes today, but we also get a few more items.
Today is the launch of the Korean language version of the EVE Online client. If you get bought by a Korean company you might as well use their resources. This is alleged to be getting a pretty big marketing campaign to go with it, so there might be a few more players about during the often quiet time frame between when the US goes to bed and Europe gets home from work.
There are also some updates in the new user experience and the UI, which will no doubt help along the surge of new players the company no doubt expects.