Blaugust is over. And it was a successful event for any reasonable measure of things.
Belghast has posted his summary of the event, for those who want all the details. I like the round up of the scores myself:
- 1333 posts were made by Blaugust 2022 Participants.
- 67 blogs signed up and made at least one post during the month.
- 24 blogs participated in Blaugust for the very first time.
- Collectively our “Newbies” made a total of 376 posts.
- 60 out of the 67 participating blogs made at least 5 posts qualifying for Bronze.
- 42 out of the 67 participating blogs made at least 15 posts qualifying for Silver.
- 30 out of the 67 participating blogs made at least 25 posts qualifying for Gold.
- 26 out of the 67 participating blogs made at least 31 posts qualifying for Rainbow Diamond
That is quite a bit of posting out of 67 blogs… and 67 blogs was a fair percentage more than we had last year.
How did Blaugust work out for me?
I was something of a mediocre participant at best. As I have noted elsewhere, real life has been much busier than usual, so the time I have for blogging and video games has been correspondingly reduced. I usually like to get out and visit all the blogs on the list every year and leave a comment or two on posts where I have something to add. This year I think I managed maybe five comments on other blogs all month.
Not exactly mister social this time around.
I did get out and click the the like button on people’s posts, at least if they were using WordPress blogs where that is a thing. That is easy to do in the WordPress reader. I’m not going to claim I read every single post I liked, but most of them. I’ll stake myself to that.
And, in return, a lot of people clicked the like button on my own posts. The blog stats say that I got 358 likes in August, which is a record for the site. That is more than 10 likes per post, given that I managed to crank out 32 posts this time around.
I did also hit a milestone on Twitter, finally crossing over to 800 followers. At the rate I have been going I will hit four digits at some point in 2031.
What does that have to do with Blaugust?
Well, I noticed I was at 799 followers so said on the Blaugust Discord that whoever was my 800th follower would get a special mention in my end of Blaugust post.
The 800th follower was Magi of the Indiecator blog. So thank you Magi.
Of course, when he followed me I did not get a notification, which meant that he had previously followed me and then had unfollowed me, which means I would have hit 800 already had he not done that. But that is the way it goes on Twitter.
I was briefly at 801 last weekend, but have dropped back down to 800 once again. [Addendum: And I’m down to 798 since I wrote this. Fickle followers.]
Meanwhile, back on the actual Blaugust front, I did managed to get 32 posts done. Not my most prestigious output… I have been well into the 40s before… but still one better than last year’s exactly 31 posts. Was I as tired last year as I feel like I am this year? I cannot remember.
But 31 is all you need to get the rainbow diamond award for blogging 31 times in 31 days.
I even managed a few on topic posts for the event.
- Blaugust Begins 2022
- Blaugust and Introductions
- Blaugust and What is Content Anyway?
- Staying Motivated Going into Blaugust Week Four
- Blaugust and What to do with a Popular Post
I think with those and a few other thing I managed to earn 15 of the 19 Blaugchievements possible this year. I thought about making a graphic of all of them… and then I thought I might get to bed just that much sooner if I did not do that. So no graphic.
So here we are, in September once more and another Blaugust is in the rear view mirror. So once more, I will list out all the participants and encourage you to visit them.
- A Day in the Life of Flash
- A Geek Girls Guide
- A Missioneer in Eve
- A Nerdy Fujo Cries
- A Vueltas Por los Mundos
- Ace Asunder
- Alligators And Aneurysms
- Aywrens Nook – Gaming and Geek Blog
- Battle Stance
- Beyond Tannhauser Gate
- Bio Break
- Blogging with Dragons
- Book of Jen
- Casual Aggro
- Chasing Dings!
- Cinder Says
- Contains Moderate Peril
- Cubic Creativity
- Dice, Tokens, and Tulip
- Digital Visceral
- Dispatches from Darksyde
- Dragons and Whimsy
- Endgame Viable
- Everything is bad for you
- FOB IV: A Blog
- Frostilyte Writes
- GamerLadyP – Gaming, Books and Musings of a Lady Gamer
- Gaming Omnivore
- Glittering Girly Gwent Gaming
- Going Commando
- Hundstrasse: Rambles About Games
- I Have Touched the Sky
- Inventory Full
- Just Call Me Roybert
- Kay Talks Games
- Knifesedge Blogs
- Ludo Llama
- Mailvaltar – MMOs and other stuff
- Many Welps
- Meghan Plays Games
- MMO Casual
- Monsterladys Diary
- Mutant Reviewers
- Nerd Girl Thoughts
- Nerdy Bookahs
- Priest With a Cause
- Shadowlands and getting back into the game
- Shadowz Abstract Gaming
- Tales of the Aggronaut
- The Ancient Gaming Noob
- The Friendly Necromancer
- The Ghastly Gamer
- The Last Chapter Guild
- Time to Loot
- Unidentified Signal Source
- WelshFox on YouTube
- Welshtroll – Point, Click, Repeat
- Words Under My Name
Happy trails as we move away from summer and into autumn. Hope to blog with you all again next year… not that I ever bother to leave the Blaugust Discord. You can find me there pretty much year round.