WoW Classic is coming soon and we have reached the server name step.
US/Oceanic – Name/Type/Time Zone
- Atiesh Normal Pacific
- Mankrik Normal Eastern
- Myzrael Normal Pacific
- Pagle Normal Eastern
- Old Blanchy Normal Pacific (added Aug 26)
- Westfall Normal Eastern (added Aug 26)
- Faerlina PvP Eastern
- Fairbanks PvP Pacific
- Herod PvP Eastern
- Thalnos PvP Eastern
- Whitemane PvP Pacific
- Stalagg PvP Eastern Time (added Aug 14)
- Blaumeux PvP Pacific Time Zone (added Aug 20)
- Skeram PvP Eastern Time Zone (added Aug 20)
- Incendius PvP Eastern (added Aug 26)
- Bigglesworth PvP Pacific (added Aug 26)
- Bloodsail Buccaneers RP Eastern
- Grobbulus RP-PvP Pacific
- Arugal PvP Australian Eastern Time
- Remulos Normal Australian Eastern Time
European – Name/Type/Language
- Golemagg PvP English
- Gehennas PvP English (added Aug 14)
- Firemaw PvP English (added Aug 20)
- Flamelash PvP English (added Aug 26)
- Gandling PvP English (added Aug 26)
- Mograine PvP English (added Aug 26)
- Razorgore PvP English (added Aug 26)
- Hydraxian Waterlords RP English
- Nethergarde Keep Normal English (added Aug 26)
- Mirage Raceway Normal English
- Pyrewood Village Normal English
- Shazzrah PvP English
- Zandalar Tribe RP-PvP English
- Auberdine Normal French
- Sulfuron PvP French
- Everlook Normal German
- Lucifron PvP German
- Хроми (Chromie) Normal Russian
- Пламегор (Flamegor) PvP Russian
Comments have been mixed about the names so far as I have seen. They do seem to lack some of the epic names of the original servers. But I guess with 200 or so servers already in play, you end up having to move down the list of names.
There have also been some comments about there being too few servers. (With a few wags saying there are too many.) But we have to remember that Blizzard has a new server technology structure for servers, their layering system, that will allow one server to effectively be multiplied into multiple. That makes name scarcity a thing, but you will be less likely to be on a different server from your friends.
Speaking of names, the big day of player name reservation comes on Monday. They had to have the final servers in place for that.
And we also have the last pre-launch load test event going on. This is open to all players with active subscriptions, if you want to get in and get a peek.
Which server will you pick?
For normal, I am favoring Mankirk, though only for the obvious jokes it will spur.
I am tempted by Bloodsail Buccaneers. While I am not so much into RP, RP servers tend to be chill so long as you don’t rock the boat and stay at least “RP compatible” with your name and actions. I am always “RP compatible.”