The news apparently leaked on Reddit from a disgruntled source so the official announcement is now out over at Imperium News: The war is over. We have blown up enough stuff in the north and now we will be headed home.
A deal has been struck between the Imperium and Guardians of the Galaxy. The tale of how it came about, starting at the CSM summit in Iceland, is laid out by Aryth in the linked post.
The terms of the agreement are as follows:
- The Imperium will withdraw main fleet, SIGs/squads, and cloaky campers from the northern territories* for 1 month, and from GOTG** space for 6 months, starting on Sep 29, 2018 if the following terms are fulfilled:
- GOTG pays total of 40 faction fortizar equivalents
- Within 72 hours of agreement, a payment of 10 faction fortizar equivalents or 500 Billion ISK which will be refunded when the 10 Faction Forts are delivered as the first payment to a highsec station with highsec only routes to Amarr.
- Within 10 days of agreement, all 5 Moreau+30 other faction fortizars must be delivered to a to a highsec station with highsec only routes to Amarr.
- For the purposes of this agreement Moreau fortizars count as 2 faction forizars. Example: 5 Moreaus and 30 other faction forts would satisfy this payment agreement.
- GOTG will not attack any withdrawing Imperium forces or interfere with unanchoring Imperium structures or ships attempting to scoop unanchored structures.
- GOTG will not attack Imperium structures*** during the period of this agreement.
- Within 24 hours of this agreement, Imperium will cease creating new offensive timers outside Fade/Pure Blind. Existing offensive timers can be attacked until Sep 29. As a sign of good faith, the Imperium will not hit the 2 planned Ihubs on the night of Sep 16. Both parties will maintain the secrecy of the agreement as much as possible. Imperium will also attempt to reach a “natural stopping point” after the main Keepstar kills and use that as cover to withdraw.
- * Northern territories (Tribute/Vale of the Silent/Geminate)
- ** GOTG space (Deklein/Branch/Fade/Pure Blind/Venal) Venal blazers can do whatever still.
- *** Any Imperium structures
- Imperium Alliances (CONDI/BASTN (DUTCH)/B C C (RENTD)/INIT.(-IA-,IM)/LAWN/TNT/IMGAY/ME4U/MEX/PBLRD/SV./WI.) This means no structure hitting in Cloud Ring also during the 6 months for any structures belonging to IMP alliances. This does not apply to non-imp entities.
- 500B down payment will go to “Aryth” who will refund it after 10 Faction Forts are delivered.
- Faction Forts can be delivered to “Dj’s Retirement Fund”
- Upon start of the 5th month both parties can come together to decide if an extension is needed if not both parties accept that by the end of the month this deal is completed.
So there it is. The Imperium will be taking payment in the form of faction Fortizars to leave the north. As I noted in a previous post, my impression was that we were pretty much done in the north for the time being once the CO2 Keepstar went down.
In a talk over at Talking in Stations last night (recording here) Sort Dragon spoke about the agreement. Apparently Ayrth first asked for straight up payment of ISK, which GotG didn’t have handy. But they had those Fortizars, many of which came from outposts that the CFC/Imperium planted back before we were kicked out of the north as a result of the Casino War.
On the Imperium side there was a fireside chat last night (recording here) where some additional details were spelled out. The whole deal was supposed to remain secret, allowing GotG to save face. However, RiotRick from Slyce decided to spin the narrative of the Imperium leaving on Reddit leading to the whole thing becoming public. I am sure it would have leaked eventually, but you know who to thank for all of us getting the word early.
Asher spoke for a bit, specifically clarifying that while we have agreed to leave the north for a month, the only longer term arrangement is with GotG. There is nothing longer term with NCDot, Pandemic Legion, Pandemic Horde, and certainly not with Circle of Two. He also mentioned that, after some time in Delve to mine and rat, that there is another target in mind.
The war itself racked up an impressive amount of structure kills. According to a tracking thread on the forums the citadel count was something like:
- Fortizar : 47 (8 flipped and destroyed by hostiles)
- Faction Fortizars : 6 (+1 stolen) (3 destroyed by hostiles)
- Tatara : 6
- Azbel : 6
- Sotiyo : 3
- Athanor : ~73 (9 flipped and destroyed by hostiles)
- Astrahus : ~35
- Raitaru : ~19
On top of that there were 10 Keepstar kills along with another one that was stolen:
- Aeschee – Essence (Shadow Cartel)
- Kinakka – Black Rise (WAFFLES.)
- X47-Q – Pure Blind (Northern Coalition)
- 46DP-O – Tenerifis (Fraternity)
- DW-T2I – Fade (Circle-Of-Two)
- 16AM-3 – Tenerifis (Blades of Grass)
- C4C-Z4 (Circle-Of-Two)
- 3V8-Lj (Corcle-Of-Two)
- DO6H-Q (Northern Coalition.)
- 7X-VKB (DARKNESS.)
Some of those bleed into the southern front, where activity largely died down after the the attack on TEST ground to a halt on the second Keepstar in ULAX-3.
And of course there were titans, supers, and hundreds of dreadnoughts lost on both sides as well, leading to a butcher’s bill in the trillions of ISK for the war.
The monthly economic reports for September and October should be interesting. With the Imperium returning to Delve and the north free of our presence, I expect we will see a surge in mining, ratting, and production in a number of regions.
Now I have to figure out what I am going to do. The Reavers SIG has been in the north since November of last year, so while there is talk of the last two month, fighting in the north has been my reality for nearly a year, with only a few short breaks. SIGs and squads are part of the agreement, so we will be headed home as well.
But according to Asher on that recording, we’ll have a new task soon enough.