Pardon that mangled quote but I always feel like I have to find a different title when a bunch of people are writing about the same thing.
And, if you’ve been around the blog neighborhood, you may already know what I am talking about, and that is Blapril.
Blapril is Blaugust come early. Blaugust is the annual festival of blogging that Belghast runs, but with so many people at loose ends and with the general oppressive sense of the world, he thought it might be time for a community activity.
And while I am not thrilled with the name… everything is down hill from Blaugust I suppose, which works so well… I do applaud the idea.
Belghast has a full post about the event here with the usual options. The schedule, which you may indulge in or ignore as suits you, is set out as follows:
- March 29th – April 4th – Blapril Prep Week
- April 5th – April 11th – Topic Brainstorming Week
- April 12th – April 18th – Getting to Know You Week
- April 19th – April 25th – Developer/Creator Appreciation Week
- April 26th – May 2nd – Staying Motivated Week
- May 3rd – May 9th – Lessons Learned Week
That gives you six weeks of potential blogging motivation.
To get involved you can do some or all of the following:
- The first step is to fill out the Sign-Up Form for Blapril 2020 which can be found here. Only those who have signed up will be given credit towards the awards.
- Next make sure you are active on the Blaugust Discord and the link for that can be found here. This is the third year we have been active on Discord and it is a community that has managed to stay evergreen throughout the years. Maybe even share your content each day in the appropriately named “share-your-content” channel.
- When you share your content on social media please use the hashtag #Blapril2020 for tracking purposes and to make it easier for those watching the event to find fresh content.
- Mingle with your other Mentors and Participants because this is a community event, and part of the fun is getting to know the community. These folks represent a social structure that you can lean on for advice in the coming years. I personally deeply value my ties with other bloggers that I have built up over the last decade of doing this thing.
- If you are so inclined there is a “gaming-together” channel on Discord for impromptu grouping in various games while the event is going on.
If you have a blog already, sign right up and get involved. If you don’t have one, now would be an opportunity to get one going.
The participant list so far is:
- Belghast – Tales of the Aggronaut
- Bhagpuss – Inventory Full
- Cali – Diary of a Guildleader
- Chestnut – Gamer Girl Confessions
- Discgrace – Daily Creative Thing
- Easha and Poppy – Glittering Girly Gwent Gaming
- Elio – The Path They Walk
- Everwake – Everwake’s Internet Adventures
- Jen Thorpe – Book of Jen
- Joar – WoW Alt Addiction
- Krikket – Nerd Girl Thoughts
- MagiWasTaken – indiecator.home.blog
- Mailvaltar – Mailvaltar – MMOs and other stuff
- Naithin – Time to Loot
- Paeroka – Nerdy Bookahs
- Panda Steve – Panda Steve Types Stuff
- Roger Edwards – Contains Moderate Peril
- Shadowz – Shadowz Abstract Gaming
- Stargrace – Nomadic Gamers Eh!
- Syp – Bio Break
- unwiseowl – leaflocker
- Wilhelm – TAGN
That isn’t a huge number. A lot of those people were still hanging around the Discord channel and chatting from last Blaugust. But it isn’t too late to get involved.