The time has come again, the annual neighborhood blogging event has arrived.
As I mentioned previous, back in the day this was a bit of a hardcore event, an attempt to get people to blog every day for a month. But the blogging neighborhood was a bit different in 2014. That can be a bit daunting for some. We all write at our own pace and along the way the event became more one of cross-pollination, bloggers coming together to meet up, share a few ideas and opinions, and to link out to each other.
So I will get right to that first bit. Here are the bloggers signed up for the 2021 event.
- Adelle – Pixel Fairy
- Alli – The Parent Trope
- Ashgar – Ashs Adventures
- Aywren Sojourner – Spot of Mummery
- Belghast – Tales of the Aggronaut
- Bhagpuss – Inventory Full
- Blockade85 – A Page Where My Brain Leaks Onto
- Chestnut – Gamer Girl Confessions
- Easha and Poppy – Glittering Girly Gwent Gaming
- Endalia – Narratess
- everwake – Everwakes Adventures
- Jaedia – Dragons and Whimsy
- jamesmcrosby – MMO Folklorist
- Jen – Book of Jen
- Kaylriene – Kaylriene
- Kluwes – Many Welps
- Knifesedge Games – Knifesedge Blogs
- Krikket – Nerd Girl Thoughts
- Magi – Indiecator
- Mailvaltar – Mailvaltar – MMOs and other stuff
- Mike Azariah – A Missioneer in Eve
- MMOJuggler – MMOJuggler
- Naithin – Time to Loot
- Nimgimli – Dragonchasers
- Nogamara – Battle Stance
- Rakuno – Shards of Imagination
- Rambling Redshirt – Beyond Tannhauser Gate
- Roger Edwards – Contains Moderate Peril
- Rowan – I Have Touched the Sky
- SDWeasel – Unidentified Signal Source
- Shadowz – Shadowz Abstract Gaming
- Shintar – Going Commando
- Shintar – Neverwinter Thoughts
- Shintar – Priest with a Cause
- Solarayo – Ace Asunder
- Stargrace – Nomadic Gamers Eh
- Stingite / Tom – The Friendly Necromancer
- Telwyn – Gaming SF
- Thyanel – Thyanel Plays
- Tipa – Chasing Dings!
- UltrViolet – Endgame Viable
- UnwiseOwl – Leaflocker
- WelshFox – Whats Occuring
- Wilhelm – The Ancient Gaming Noob
- Wolfyseyes – Through Wolfys Eyes
- Zapp – Leeterati
That is 47 bloggers as I write this. We’ll see if I remember to update that number if the list grows. And it could grow, because it it NOT TOO LATE to join in. You can do it. Just go read the informational post about the event, fill out the sign up sheet, and join the Discord server to say hello.
Believe me, it is easy to get started because you can just write a Welcome to Blaugust post like this and you’re already on your way. It is practically a freebie, something a lazy person like myself appreciates.
There is, of course, some loose structure to the whole thing. It isn’t required, but it there to give you something to chew on if you’re looking for a post idea.
The ambitious will be out the gate on day one with the theme of the week. And then there is me, who will get to it on the Saturday, hitting the publish button at the last minute. But you don’t have to get on board for that. I just feel mildly obligated because I signed up as a mentor, so ought to lead by example or something.
Actually, I guess I am ahead this week. As I said, “Welcome to Blaugust” is a bit of a gimme. Others have already done theirs, but I am not as late as usual to the party. If I were feeling ambitious I would list them all out, but I just put in a list of links to all the participating blogs, so you can just click on that if you want to see who is already on board.
There are still achievements to be earned, if you so desire.
- Newbie Blogger Award – You did it! You created a new blog and we are extremely happy to welcome you into this raucous community. As a result we are going to recognize your efforts just for signing up.
- Bronze Award – You made at least 5 posts during the Month of August 2021.
- Silver Award – You made at least 15 posts during the Month of August 2021.
- Gold Award – You made at least 25 posts during the Month of August 2021.
- Rainbow Diamond Award – You did it, you posted 31 or more posts during the month of August 2021.
I personally aspire to the Rainbow Diamond Award. I will try to post every day this month, proving both that it can be done and that you can make a bunch of blog posts and still not have anything profound to say.
Every blogger has their own style and standards. Some sit on their posts and polish them. Some won’t post unless they have something new and different to say. (“Should I repeat myself?” is often a topic of discussion on the Discord server. I say you should, and certainly if you have had any change of heart of feel there is more that could be added.)
And then there is this blog, where everything is a first draft, a bit of a gut reaction, a memory jotted down in the moment that can be reconsidered at a later date. For me it is better to have written and posted and the only posts I really regret are the ones I did not make.
Anyway, I’m already a post into the month, so I am on my way.
For those interested in the event… and I must stress that it is NOT TOO LATE to join in… you can find all the relevant information here.