Over on Potshot we were musing in the comments on which server to choose for the Pirates of the Burning Sea pre-boarding party, and the topic of server choice came up. So I got to trot out my server choice rules.
These are “Day One” rules and assume that no outside factors, such as friends already playing the game, exist. “Go play with your friends” trumps these rules.
But given a blank slate, I always say:
- Never pick this first server on the list
- Never pick the last server on the list
- Always pick the server with the name that is the hardest to pronounce and/or spell
So given the following PotBS server names from which to choose:
Guadeloupe seems to be the obvious choice. I rather expect most people will assume it rhymes with cantaloupe.
So see you on Guadeloupe!
“Shut Up We’re Talking,” the regular round table podcast focused on the MMO blogesphere and one of the podcasts in the VirginWorlds Podcast Collective, is now up to episode seventeen.
The regular host, Darren of The Commen Sense Gamer was joined by a lineup now familiar with the podcast process:
Michael from MMOGNation
Craig from Voyages in Eternity
Dennis from Potshot
John, who is me
- Listener Comments – From Edward78 and Syncaine
- What we’re playing
- MMO Cheating – What was it, what is it, what will it be – we scratch the surface and reference Raph, Michael, Tachevert, and Darren in a topic so vast, you need an IMAX theater to appreciate just the background material
- Predictions for 2008 – We cough up two guesses each as to what 2008 will bring
- MMO new player experience – Is it important and do games live up to it, or is it bait-and-switch that leaves you mad at the mid-game grind – Based on a post by Sente
- More PvP Discussion – spurred by Syncaine’s article
- Blog of the Week – World IV
- Out Takes
The show runs just over one hour and thirty six minutes and you can get it here as well as via iTunes.
As always, doing the show is a blast, especially since Darren does all the heavy lifting after the fun part is over.