A random item from the world of press releases.
I received a note announcing that Battle of the Immortals will be going into closed beta come April 13th. Not sure that is news worthy, but if you’re working on a “rolling thunder” style marketing campaign, you have to work with what is at hand.
While I am not particularly interested in the game (the press release was the first I had heard of it) and the closed beta has no traction with me, I did like that they pointed out the key features of the game.
So this is what they want you to know about Battle of the Immortals:
- 5 Unique Classes – Each with their own distinct skill set and equipment
- Zodiac System – Empower your character according to their Zodiac symbol
- Auto-Navigation Quest System – Progress through quests easily with auto-navigation
- Soul Gear System – Unique sets of armor and gear specifically tailored toward each class that grows and changes as players use them
- Hardcore PvP – Battle other players to be the best within an in-depth ranking system
- Hardcore PvE – Compete against other players for the right to take down epic bosses
- PvE Time Trials – Race against other players to gain access to even greater challenges
- Pet System – Collect a wide variety of pets ranging from cute to devastating monsters
- Mount System – Ride upon giant beasts to shorten your travels and engage in combat
- Territory War System – Battle other guilds for rare relics, resources and other treasures
I’m a little disappointed that neither the pet nor the mount system is hardcore, since they seemed to be on a hardcore riff there for a bit.
Still, you have to take your hat off to any game that is trying to turn, “What’s your sign?” into a question of import up there with gear score.