Zugg Software, the makers of the venerable but so-very-useful MUD client zMUD, have announced zMUD’s replacement, Chiara’s MUD Client, or CMUD.
Features of CMUD include:
- Compiled scripts for faster MUD playing.
- New Local Variables provide huge speed benefits and prevents clutter from temporary variables
- Settings are stored in an SQL database. No more corrupted settings!
- Redesigned settings editor for editing your scripts.
- Packages are like having multiple inherited settings files
- Packages can be easily shared via the Package Library
- Modern user interface with themes/skins, a powerful window docking system than includes fly-out windows, and customizeable toolbars.
- Windows Vista support. zMUD will not be supported on Windows Vista…CMUD will be supported.
CMUD is priced at $29.95.
If you own zMUD and purchased it after September 5, 1999, you are entitled to a 50% discount off of the price of CMUD. If you purchased zMUD after July 1st, 2005, you are entitled to a free upgrade to CMUD.
Minimum system requirements are Windows XP SP2 and DirectX 9.x.
As somebody who purchased and has used zMUD for years, I am inclined to endorse this product sight unseen. I just wonder if my years worth of zMUD scripts and my 18,000+ room map database will convert over nicely.