I did a mailbag post back in mid-December just to display the sort of email and press releases I get on what was once the main blog email account. It isn’t anymore, but it was during the peak of the blog and blogging, and nobody updates anything on the internet it seems, so I still get notes there daily. The whole tale of that is in the post I linked.
I decided to go back because since the holidays there has been a bit of a surge in a couple of topics, and they probably won’t surprise you. These are basically all of the unsolicited email subject lines for the last month that landed in my old inbox.
- Touchcast Launches MCity, the World’s First Enterprise Metaverse
- Gibson Brands Acquires GWW Guitar Case Company: Sets the Stage for Future Integration, Innovation, and Growth
- ESL Pro Tour StarCraft II Schedule Revealed for 2022/23
- E:Alert: Original Gaming Thriller “First Person Shooter” Premieres Today on Tubi
- Product Review: Lowest price entry-level Xbox on the market
- Display Social, Acquires 2 Companies- forms multi-billion dollar metaverse company
- Security 101. Don’t Bash Your Head Over Unsecured Credentials
- Expert Interview Opp or Guest Article: Managing NFT’s From Creation to Sale
- PR: Bitcoin electricity consumption is 8X that of Google and Facebook combined
- CryptoDragons Metaverse is starting on December 25
- Crypto company TacoCat announces new advisors
- Ho-ho-ho: Adult company selling cryptocurrency designed dildos for the holidays
- PR: NFT sales surge past the $4 billion mark in the last 30 days
- PR: USDT dominance among stablecoins plummets to 49% in 4 years
- How OpenSea’s Auction Valuation Confirms Independent NFT’s Role in Blockchain: Intv. w/ CEO of NFT Gaming Marketplace
- Expert Interview Opp or Guest Article: Metaverse Explainer
- Review/Feature: The Book of Greatest Leadership Quotations
- Evanescence, Grim and Umphrey’s McGee and More Go Meta with Soundscape VR
- GKIDS Releases Opening Scene for Mamoru Hosoda’s BELLE – In Theaters This Friday
- How to Become a Gaming Influencer – Tips from CEO of leading gaming influencer agency
PR: 23 NFTs Sell for Over $1m in the Last 30 Days
- Story: new game let’s kids build the metaverse
- PR: CryptoPunks Generated Nearly Half of Top 10 NFT Sales in the Last Month
- NEW PRODUCT: Dreo’s Air Purifier Dusts The Competition
- Shure Debuts New Look and Even Better Sound For Its Award-Winning SRH840 and SRH440 Headphones
- RESEARCH-NFT launches attract 50x more bots than hype sneaker sales
- Prime Video Releases Official Trailer and Key Art for THE LEGEND OF VOX MACHINA
- Federal regulations cracking down on internet privacy laws
- PR: Energy consumed by one Ethereum transaction could power over 100,000 VISA transactions
- PR: 257 NFT artists have generated over $1M in sales over the last 30 days
- [STUDY] Gaming addiction causing tech-related health issues
- Cute but demanding tactical masterpiece! Gem Wizard Tactics is coming to Nintendo Switch and Xbox
- PR: Bitcoin Treasuries Account for 7.2% of the 21 Million BTC Supply Cap
- PR: MicroStrategy and Tesla Command 80% of BTC held by top 10 public companies
- Accessing the Blockchain Can be Too Expensive for Some Developers – Web3 Visionary Explains How to Change That
- Blue Tiger Wins TWICE Picks Award for World’s First Solar-Powered Bluetooth Headset
- Almost 10k petition EA Sports to honor John Madden on next Madden NFL cover
- Intv. w/ XR Cinema CEO: VR Expert Weighs in On the Rise of Metaverse & Virtual Reality
- Almost 70% of People Can NOT Distinguish Gmail’s Real Login Page From A Scam – Can You?
- Physical release of Comic Coloring Book: Complete Edition for the Nintendo Switch console available now
- Activision Blizzard’s games ranked #2 & #3 most popular in gaming community
- PR: ETH average transaction costs 33x BTC costs in 2022
- Nooie Launches Versatile Smart Camera Featuring a Detachable Base
- Calling All Sonic Sculptors, the Legendary Brand Maestro Emerges with Five Pedals for Endless Exploration
- XGIMI Expands Versatile Halo Series With Smarter Halo+ FHD Portable Projector
- Study from Marmalade Game Studio finds one in four have developed mental health issues since Covid
- Connect Tolkien-like fantasy world with the 1920s and see what will happen. Pendula Swing is coming to Nintendo Switch
- PR: The average price of NFTs hits $50K in the last 30 days
- Reminder: 01/20 News Advisory – Doomsday Clock Update – Major Announcement on Clock’s 75th Anniversary
- PR: CryptoArt Market Cap Hits $2.3 Billion With Over 2 Million Total Sold Artworks
- [News] ZOAN Announces €100 Million Virtual Land Sale with Photorealistic Metaverse Cornerstone.land
- Microsoft is acquiring Activision Blizzard to dominate the metaverse, says GlobalData
- Intv. W/ Crypto Creator & Expert – Microsoft To Enter The Metaverse After Purchasing Blizzard
- BREAKING: Doomsday Clock Set to 100 Seconds to Midnight, Scientists Call for Action to “Turn Back the Clock”
- Highrise City Playtest starts January 27th – New Feature Video and Screenshots released
- My Friend Peppa Pig Launches on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X
- Call of Duty collectibles incoming from Koyo & Activision
- Join awe.live, submit an Auggie Nomination, get your Super Early Bird registration and find out what’s new in the XR community
- Gibson and Jake Kiszka -Guitarist in the GRAMMY-Winning Rock Band Greta Van Fleet- Celebrate the 61st Anniversary of the Iconic SG Guitar
- Intv: Is Meta increasing accessibility to NFT creation a good thing? NFT Expert Explains
- NFT Expert Available on Meta Considering Adding NFT Component to Facebook and Instagram
As you can see, NFT, crypto, and the metaverse continue to trend, though they have somehow managed to all mean the same thing thanks to the crypto scammers pushing their “ownership” agenda.
I am genuinely sorry I didn’t get a press release about the “rave” that took place in Decentraland, which was the saddest, most 2003 online event I have seen in ages. But the pathetic nature of the video when compared to, say, concerts in Fortnite, haven’t stopped the cryto bros from trying to spin it as amazing.
That is practically a self-own… or yet another demonstration that crypto bros don’t know what they’re talking about. That ain’t no Ariana Grande concert.
Probably the most interesting on the list… or at least the one I decided to go look at… was #40 about popularity in the gaming community. It at least has an infographic, even if I am not exactly sold on their methodology.
The least inspiring was the the setting of the Doomsday Clock (entries #48 and #53) by the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists because they didn’t actually change the setting… it was set to 100 seconds back in 2020… so the whole thing was, ironically, a bit of a damp squib. I also feel like the name of the organization has become misleading. While some towering atomic scientists helped found the whole thing… Einstein, Teller, and Oppenheimer were among the group… the whole thing has been trying to find its way since the end of the Cold War and, so far as I can tell, isn’t exactly the domain of many atomic scientists any more. It would be more aptly titled the Bulletin of the Poly Sci Majors.
Also, they apparently bought a mailing list with some really out of date and/or inappropriate addresses. Nice move Einstein.
Anyway, that is all I have. The inbox has been cleared again, we’ll see what trends continue to find their way into it.