Another skill point milestone looms as, after a little more than 9 years, I hit the 150 million skill point mark with my main character in EVE Online. The past milestones:
- Ten million – November 2007
- Twenty million – June 2008
- Thirty million – January 2009
- Forty million – August 2009
- Fifty million – March 2010
- Sixty million – November 2010
- Seventy million – August 2011
- Eighty million – June 2012
- Ninety million – December 2012
- One Hundred and Ten million – September 2013
- One Hundred and Twenty million – April 2014
- One Hundred and Thirty million – October 2014
- One Hundred and Forty million – May 2015
As I keep telling myself, at some point I will hit a threshold where I will feel I can start on an alt on this account. But I haven’t gotten there yet. Here is how my skill points are currently distributed:
Spaceship Cmd 40,998,538 (48 of 75)* Gunnery 13,915,745 (36 of 39) Leadership 12,803,000 (14 of 14) Missiles 10,783,785 (22 of 24)* Drones 10,070,483 (19 of 21)* Navigation 9,660,314 (13 of 13) Armor 6,899,137 (14 of 14) Engineering 6,485,895 (14 of 14)* Shields 5,645,390 (11 of 12) Electronic Sys 4,743,141 (11 of 15)* Resc Processing 4,569,908 (22 of 28) Science 4,408,426 (21 of 39) Trade 3,271,765 (9 of 14) Targeting 3,207,765 (8 of 8)* Neural Enhance. 2,824,000 (5 of 8)* Subsystems 2,186,840 (20 of 20)* Scanning 2,045,230 (7 of 7) Rigging 1,312,395 (10 of 10) Social 1,130,040 (5 of 9) Production 1,157,986 (5 of 12) Corp Mgmt 1,108,784 (4 of 7) Planet Mgmt 769,335 (5 of 5) Total ~150,000,000 (323 of 398)
This time around CCP threw in some new ships so Spaceship Command went up by a significant chunk. We had T3 destroyers, so I trained up the Caldari version, the Jackdaw. Then there there were the new command destroyers, which looked to be comedy gold with their AOE MJD, so I trained that up as well.
Then there was the doctrine change, where we went to armor strategic cruisers, the Proteus and the Legion. I rushed off to train those up, which might be useful at some point. But I realized that I was more likely to fly logi, for which I had long been trained up, and that I hate losing skill points when I get blown up in a strategic cruiser, so those are pretty much in the bag for some future occasion.
Finally, I filled in some gaps. EWar has been a thing on fleets, so I trained up a bit of that to be more effective. I picked up tech II rockets and light missiles, which I had overlooked previously. And I got that 10th jump clone, though I still don’t feel like I have enough.
All told I have 323 skills trained (up from 295), distributed as follows:
Level 1 - 4 Level 2 - 16 Level 3 - 40 Level 4 - 94 Level 5 - 169
169 skills at level V puts me 11 up from last time.
As suggested in the comments of my last skill point post, I am going to give up on the time to fly a titan metric, as it no longer changes. I have trained about all the capital skills I plan to for the time being. Instead, I am going to track how many sub-capitals ships I have left to train for. As it turns out, with 150 million skill points in the bag, I can fly a lot of sub-caps… but not ALL of them.
So here are the sub-caps I cannot yet fly and the time required to train in order to get into them (rounded up to the nearest convenient value value):
- Electronic Attack Frigates (all factions, 4 ships) – 30 mins
- Expedition Frigates (Prospect, Endurance) – 10 days
- Logistics Frigates (tech II, all factions, 4 ships) – 30 mins
- Amarr Tactical Destroyer (Confessor) – 30 mins
- Gallente Tactical Destroyer ( Hecate) – 30 mins
- Minmatar Tactical Destroyer ( Svipul) – 30 mins
- Interdictors (all factions, 4 ships) – 30 mins
- Amarr Industrials (Bestower, Sigil) – 30 mins
- Amarr Transports (Impel, Prorator) – 20 days
- Gallente Transports (Occator, Viator) – 20 days
- Loki strategic cruiser (subsystems trained) – 45 mins
- Marauders (all factions) – 90 mins
- Panther Black Ops Battleship – 30 days
That comes out to just about 80 days of training time. A couple surprised me. I will probably train into the frigates, the tactical destroyers, the interdictors, the Loki (oops on that one), and eventually the Panther, if only because I want Minmatar Battleship V. Marauders and the industrials seem unlikely however. Of course, to fly any of them well I will need to invest more time that indicated.
So that is where 150 million skill points puts me. Given the ~7 month cycle time for me to train 10 million skill points, I should get to 160 million come the end of July 2016. Unless I start flying strategic cruisers in fleets and lose skill points.
Meanwhile, my alt is about to pass the 110 million skill point mark, and needs about 120 days to fly all the sub-caps.