During the recent CSM summit Aryth, one of the representatives from the Imperium, brokered a deal to buy a Keepstar citadel in the system of 68FT-6. Let me bring that system up on the DOTLAN map.
Yes, that is in Impass, and the system 68FT-6 is the capital system for the Circle of Two alliance.
In one of those great moments that happen from time to time in null sec politics, CSM member The Judge, who appeared on the Imperium ballot despite being in CO2, finally got fed up with the way GigX, the leader of CO2 was running the alliance and sold him out.
The Imperium ended up with a Keepstar… ISK well spent… so I guess it was true, we could work with him. (It isn’t the first Keepstar that GigX has lost.)
Things have not gone well for GigX and CO2 since they betrayed the Imperium a year and a half back at the battle of M-OEE8 during the Casino war. His immediate gains in territory were stripped from him once his erstwhile allies had sent us packing to Delve and he too had to head south to form up with TEST.
After acquiring space in the south things began to slowly deteriorate, both within the alliance and with neighbors, until things finally broke down with TEST, their closest ally, in late August. Then war opened, with only a few siding with CO2.
And now this. The Imperium holds their Keepstar and has a hellcamp setup to try to catch and blow up anybody trying to escape. There is a temp blue situation with TEST so we can work with them on this.
(screen shot courtesy of Naice Rucima)
Meanwhile, TEST now controls all of the CO2 Fortizars, The Judge emptied the alliance coffers, and the line members have to be in a panic or looking for an out. TEST has said they would accept corps and individuals from CO2.
This is going to take some time to play out, but I felt I had to put a pin in the date to remember when it started. This could be the end for CO2. It certainly seems likely to be the end for GigX, who was alleged to have threatened The Judge with an out of game visit and has reportedly been perma-banned for this.
Sources talking about what happened:
- EN24 – Apparent CO2 Coup in Progress
- Imperium News – CSM Meta Game – Aryth Flips The Judge
- Reddit – Statement from The Judge
- Reddit – Updates on the Situation in CO2
- Talking in Stations – Interview with GigX and The Judge
- PC Games News – The biggest theft in Eve Online’s history went down last night
- Jack Jomar – What Goes Around Comes Around…
- YouTube – Jin’taan overview video Judgement Day
- Massively OP – Notorious EVE Online Player Banned…
- Imperium News – CO2 Alliance Meeting
- The Nosy Gamer – Did The Judge Really Pull Off The Biggest Heist In EVE Online History?
- I Care a Lot – I wandered through null sec again
- Miner Bumping – In EVE Threats are Common but Bans are Rare
- Imperium News – CO2 SOTA – Alliance Closing
- EN24 – How a Single Click Can Destroy Trillions
- Greedy Goblin – The Great Victimless Heist
- Reddit – CO2 Drama Coms Leaks
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah – You Reap What You Sow
- Kotaku – How EVE Players Pulled Off The Biggest Betrayal In Its History
- Ars Technica – Hilarious spectacular EVE betrayal destroys player group, costs trillions
And so it goes. I was going to write something up about today’s patch, but aside from new skills coming in for the moon mining update set for the upcoming Life Blood expansion, there isn’t much to talk about. But now we have this instead!